Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SaskTel has announced the launch of the first phase of its new 3G+ wireless network is scheduled for August 16, 2010.

The company, which has more than 550,000 wireless subscribers in Saskatchewan, is now undertaking a six week technical trial with select employees which is expected to last for six weeks.

International roaming customers will be able to use their SaskTel 3G+ phone on 3G+ networks anywhere SaskTel has established roaming agreements. At launch, the network will be commercially available to customers in Regina, Saskatoon, Moose Jaw, Weyburn, Yorkton, Swift Current, Prince Albert, North Battleford and most of the connecting highways.

The full 3G+ network is scheduled to be deployed province-wide by the end of 2010. SaskTel plans to support its existing CDMA digital network for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yay!

Finally catching up...now bring on some new phones! :D

·
Banned
328 Posts
About time, I visited Regina this weekend and had absolutely no service with my HTC Hero. It was painful being totally unreachable and couldn't even get on their 2G network. No phone/texting for the weekend was a nightmare, glad to be back in civilization :p

·
Banned
328 Posts
No but stepping of the airplane with absolutely no service makes it tough to call to be picked up. Meeting up with people all weekend and trying to find people at the game is tough to do when you can't text or call. Pretty bad when some of the third world countries I have traveled to had service lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts