Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
I've seen the previews, and while in itself it looks like a good show, the fact that it has Palin as host ruins it. Perhaps if she hadn't passed laws allowing the shooting of animals from helicopters, her hosting a show about the natural wonders of Alaska wouldn't be so ironic:rolleyes:

I also noticed in one of the previews, her telling her daughter Willow not to take any boys upstairs to her room. Perhaps she should have tried that 3 years ago with her first daughter Bristol;)

Other then that, looks fun.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
If she gets attacked by a bear, I might watch it. Otherwise I'll watch Over Alaska instead.

5 Million Americans watched episode 1. I don't it will hang onto these numbers.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Some scenic shots were quite nice, but otherwise, I found it quite boring. Too much time wasted on non-events: baking cupcakes with daughters; flying to a glacier only to turn back because of poor weather; Palin having a difficult time climbing over crevices on Mt. Mackinley (sp?) Shots of fighting bears quite interesting though, but otherwise, the show drags considerably.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I thought they should have called it "Sarah Palin's Seeing Russia from Alaska". :)

I watched it for about 2 minutes because I was wondering what it was. I couldn't make it any longer than that.

Now if they did a reality show with George Bush, I would watch that.

·
Banned
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Dalek:

I'd have to say both. Check out this comment: "This show is soo stupid.. She works so hard to make herself look like a normal mom.. and doesn't realize it will hurt her politically." Will it hurt her?

and "She's an over-privileged woman who thinks she can be a TV star and a politician. Green eye'd and greedy."

I agree having her as host ruins it. But it should be good for a couple of laughs, right?
Can't wait to read more of your thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
I'm trying to watch this. Boy,it's hard. She has the most annoying voice on tv.

Can't believe she's bitching about her neighbour. Moron.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Actually, I bet many Americans watching the show have just now learned that Alaska is a state.

·
Banned
262 Posts
State!? What next? Hawaii!!?? ;) Actually, the best show out of Alaska, presently, is "Ice Road Truckers". Lisa Rocks! That girl has moxie. As to Sarah Palin, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't really originate from New Mexico, circa, oh, say 1945.... (BOOM!)

P.S. Thanks artthe1, I aim to amuse, bemuse, befuddle... something like that, anyways... :eek::confused:

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
It worked for TLC...

'Sarah Palin's Alaska' posts record ratings for TLC
TLC’s Sarah Palin’s Alaska premiere attracted 4.96 million viewers last night, according to the network. Nielsen fast nationals reported 1.8 million viewers in the 25-54 demographic, 1.1 million in the 18-49 demographic, and 3.9 million in the 35+ demographic. The debut was the top-finishing TLC program launch in history, beating What Not To Wear‘s series premiere in 2003.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts