Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I am about to get a TV and it is between these two. As far as I can tell the only difference is the UN55C6500 has more internet features that the 6300. Really, of what use is this and do these internet features work in Canada?

There is a $400 price difference at Futureshop and noone seems to have the 6300 anymore.

What do I do? I am planning on getting the TV in Moncton since I save 2% tax and the environmental fee that we are all ganked for in Nova Scotia. The Moncton store said they would ship the TV to a store of my choice for free, so its a no brainer I think ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Futureshop site comparison doesn't list any of the important features like contrast ratio and the non standard feature text makes it difficult to compare.

after doing some digging the 6500 has a 1000000:1 contrast ratio over and above the 6300 and I think thats worth the extra $400.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Manufacturer's contrast stats are meaningless. They get these numbers by measuring max brightness/backlight/contrast and then turning the set off. Check out sites like sound and vision or home theater mag to get benchmark tests that show the true contrast ratio when a tv is set up, not when it is on max everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts