Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

Can't find much on this via searching this forum, so here goes some questions:

The Samsung Series 6 TV's I'm looking at are all apparently LED-powered, but there is no information about whether they are edge-lit or matrix-lit. Does anyone have hard information?

The 4 models I'm looking at are:

UN46C6800, .... 500, ... 400, ...300

Oddly, the website's specs don't show much in the way of major differences between these 4 models, and Samsung's support line had no information either, and actually suggested that I contact a retailer.

Does anyone have model difference information sources that you can point me at?

· Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Model Differences

I downloaded all the user manuals for the models in question -- and then went through them, tediously, on-screen, side-by-side. An amazing amount of boring work.

In the end, the differences between various models in Series 6 was what I call "gadgety" features, mostly Internet-related. Not worth the price difference. And I did not make any notes about the features.

In the end, I found that the Samsung Blu-Ray player model BD-C6500T has many of those features incorporated, including built-in WiFi. So buying it got me most of the features at very low price difference, plus a nifty Blu-Ray player.

It is dismaying that Samsung can't provide a decent quality feature comparison chart.

· Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big Retailer Trickery

Hi TheCLAENSER:

Yes, very confusing.

Mostly, the really big retailers do this so that they can avoid price-matching claims by their customers. "Sorry", they say, "That price is on a different model".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.