Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 4-month-old Samsung LED TV will not power up today. It's a 6300 series TV.

The power light blinks 5 times and then stays off for 10 seconds and blinks 5 times again. The TV won't power up.

I was watching it when it did something odd, so I shut it off and now it won't start again. Does anyone know what that code means? Of course they're closed today, so I don't know when I'll get this resolved...

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Greetings

unfortunately you won't be able to fix this unless you are into tv repair. Contact the local store or samsung for warranty work ...

regards

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had in unplugged since about 2.30. I checked everything and plugged it in, and I get the blinking code.

I'm sure it'll be covered under warranty, but I sure hope this isn't going to be an ongoing problem. If it is I'll never buy another Samsung again. I bought one due to its good reviews and general overall satisfaction from current owners. It wasn't particularly cheap either...

I'll leave it unplugged overnight, but I don't think that'll do anything.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought I'd post an update. It's covered under warranty, and the guy on the phone said it was most likely a bad capacitor(s). So I did some reading and found out that Samsung had used, in some cases, 10+ year old caps in their power supplies. Brilliant.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Curious. Do you have to transport the television to a repair location? How long do they estimate it will take to fix?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have to bring it anywhere. The customer service rep on the phone said that a technician will call to schedule an in-house no-charge warranty repair. That's kind of nice, at least I don't have to try to transport it. I don't have the box anymore, so that would've been a problem. I can't imagine them thinking it'll take all that long if they're going to repair it in my house.

I wonder if that's because I actually registered the TV online? That's a nice perk if it was...

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Yes. They repair it in the customer home.

It does take time for them to get the parts needed though as they still got to order it from Samsung. It is not like they have the parts in the repair place especially if they repair different brands.

This is especially good if the problem with the TV is something that can still allow the TV to be watched. You do not lose the TV. With the OP problem. This wasn't the case. Hope he has another TV to watch.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought a cheap Vizio for the time being. It's got a crappy ATSC tuner in it though.

Apparently Abbotsford is considered rural so I probably won't hear from them until closer to the end of the week. Ugh.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Darn, they had to order parts. He punched in some code on the remote and the power light blinked some codes to him. He wrote them down and said they'll get the parts required and come back.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So they had to order parts and weren't able to fix it until yesterday. There was a bad cap on the main board.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just hope that the same thing doesn't happen to the power board.

And I also wonder if the replacement board can suffer from the same problem. I most likely won't buy a Samsung again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts