Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to turn on the cinesmooth feature on the PN58C6400?
This unit does not list this feature BUT when I was reading a review of it, the reviewer stated that he had read on the internet that this feature could be turned on by the consumer in the settings menu. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You can only turn it on if you change your TV to the C8000 model in the service menu. Do so at your own risk...

·
Registered
32 Posts
You can find the code to access the service menu online (AVS forum would be one place to look). Once you're in the service menu, you just have to change the TV type to the C8000 and you'll have all the options that model offers (except for 3D). By going into the service menu, you are voiding your warranty with Samsung. If anything goes wrong, they can refuse to help you. The service menu is pretty scary by the way. When I changed my settings, I did something wrong and the picture was upside down and in black and white. It took me a while to fix that and I almost cried a few times LOL.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the warning........ I think I will just be happy with what I have and NOT mess around with things I know nothing about

1 - 6 of 6 Posts