Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Samsung Omnia II coming to Bell Mobility

Jump to Latest

Bell announced today that it would be the exclusive provider for the Samsung Omnia II smartphone in Canada.

Bell becomes the first vendor in North America to offer an HSPA version of the touchscreen device for use on Bell Mobility's new HSPA network, scheduled for launch next week.

The Omnia 2 features a 3.7" WVGA AMOLED touchscreen display with accelerometer, Windows Mobile 6.5 operating system with the TouchWiz interface, Bluetooth v2.0 support, WiFi connectivity, Opera Mobile 9.5 Browser, 5 megapixel camera with autofocus and dual LED flash and 16GB of internal memory expandable to 48 GB with a 32GB microSDHC card.

Bell did not announce when the device, which it says is the "Official Mobile Device of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games" would be made available to consumers nor what they could expect to pay.

26 Replies

·
Registered
0 Posts
I SO agree. Who cares?
Windows Mobile? I wouldn't use WIndows anything.
And Samsung phones are notorious for being super cheap all around.

C

·
0 Posts
I disagreee, my omnia is the most robust device I have ever owned. There have been tales of it being run over by a car and living to tell the story. Myabe search before posting such bias info?

C

·
0 Posts
Windows Mobile? Why not just put Windows Millenium on it!

I'll wait for an Android phone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Windows Mobile............may as well put Windows Millenium on it. It may or may not be a good device but anything that runs WinMo instantly becomes a hunk of junk!

I'll wait for an Android phone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stay away from anything that has the words "windows" and "mobile" strung together. It takes for ever to boot up when powered on. My laptop comes up faster than my last cellphone that had this useless system.

C

·
0 Posts
wow another windows phone! awesome! MS should really give up on mobile software.. it has to be the worst phone OS out there...

C

·
0 Posts
I SO agree. Who cares?
Windows Mobile? I wouldn’t use WIndows anything.
And Samsung phones are notorious for being super cheap all around.

I work in the industry and samsung phones have the lowest repair rate, your a dumbass, stop posting lies.

Windows 6.5 will be quite an update from 6.0/6.1/6.2 - I was just trained on them by the windows mobile rep and i was quite impressed.

C

·
0 Posts
seriously, who out of the ones complaining about windows mobile have actually used a windows mobile phone? or better yet a WM 6.5 equipped phone?

as for the quality of Samsung phones, personal experience says they're good quality... as does research on the net... is it the best overall? nope...which one is? none of them...they all serve a purpose and have they're strengths and weaknesses... what ever your needs are the phone needs to suit that... if it doesn't don't buy it... or complain about it before you've had a chance to use it...

use it before you complain about it... just saying

C

·
0 Posts
Totally agree with what Jack said.
For you people who just jumped on to the smartphone bandwagon, windows mobile has been around for almost a decade. Is it the best? Hell no, it sometimes can get slow and the interface isn't exactly the most intuitive; but it does give user a lot of control and there are tons of 3rd party freeware out there. Usually, the slowness was due to 3rd party software having memory leaks. There are diffeernt roms out there that can address the issue, if you know how to find them. And if you like the iPhone interface so much, you can download and install that on any WM device as well. The point is that WIndows mobile isn't as bad as you MS hater think and iPhone isn't as good or as inovative as you think. I personally own and use a HTC Tytn and absolutely love it, besides the lack of internal storage (which can be addressed by adding of a SD Card) and the orientation sensor, it can do anything that an iPhone can do, PLUS a full GPS chip. And guess what? it came out in 2006, way before the first generation of iphone! and its core processor is a samsung CPU.
So hate something for the right reason, and not because thats what everyone else is doing.

1 - 16 of 27 Posts