Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought one for 1108 dollars CDN, prior to taxes - quite happy with the price.

I unpacked the tv, set it up on it's pedestal and fitted it to the ent. unit, all is OK.
However, my Father-In-Law has the 40 inch 650 series, it came with the wall mount blanking plate that goes in place of the guide plate used for the pedestal mount if you elect to put it on a wal-mount.
Mine didn't come with this blanking plate. Does anyone know if theirs had both plates in their box when they got their display?

Also, do discrete IR power and input selections exist for this tv?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Yes, this TV has discrete codes for power and input selection. Not sure about your model but some double up the pedestal mount and wall mount as a single item.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where do I generate the discrete codes from?

And, what do you mean "double up"? the insert for the pedestal will look like crap hanging there all by itself.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I searched on RemoteCentral's site for Samsung discretes, I found a file that appeared relevent so I thought what the heck - the tv is on warranty and is only 4 days old anyway. I have a URC MX-500 remote control and a Boston Avidea A7RC remote (a Pronto Neo on steroids)
I took some of the Pronto CCF hex codes, (component video 1, 2, and Power on and off discretes) and loaded them into a little Excel program called Pronto2NeoConverter, which changed the Pronto .ccf files to Neo .ncf code, then configg'ed the button layout of my remote's buttons with Boston's "Freedomedit" software (again, NeoEdit software, but proprietary to the A7RC), then uploaded the new ncf file to the remote, downloaded it back into another app called NEOhacker to place the .ncf codes in the right registers in the A7RC file. Then I open the NEOhacked file with Freedomedit and uploaded that converted/hacked file to the A&RC remote.
This is terribly cumbersome for just four IR commands so far, but it worked.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spoke with Samsung's rep, as well as the dealer I bought it at.
The blanking plate is no longer included with the '630 series, and is considered an "extra cost" item (the dealer was quite taken aback)

I hope this isn't an instance where I'm going to need to buy the Samsung OEM wall-mount to get the blanking plate.

I should find out soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts