Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I got this TV about a week ago and this is my first LCD TV im having some problems with the "auto motion plus" settings.

I turned the AMP settings off and it looks great when i watch cable TV and DVD's with my DVD player and PS2 but when i connect a external hard drive or my laptop to the USB or HDMI inputs the TV goes back into the AMP mode and looks fake.

My question is how can i keep the AMP settings turned off when i watch media from a laptop or external hard drive?

Just to clear things up the settings don't change it just goes into AMP mode when media is watched using these devices.

Thanks a bunch. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have updated the firmware and also have made sure the TV was not in shop mode.

To remove your TV from Shop mode, follow these steps:

1. On the bezel itself (not the remote) push the MENU button down for about 12 seconds. You should see "Dynamic" appear.

2. If that doesn't work, you may need to briefly push the volume button up first, release it, and immediately push down the MENU button for about 12 seconds.

After that, you should be able to adjust your settings so that they stay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im sooooooooooooo happy i was able to fix this myself!

I will post anyways in case someone else has this problem:

Even tho you turn off AMP in TV settings it DOES NOT turn it off on all sources/inputs EACH input has its own setting. So USB and HDMI have to be changed and you can do this by watching the media then click "Tools" then "Picture Settings" then turn "Auto Motion Plus" to OFF.

Im sure most people know this but im a newbie glad i found the site lots of good info here.

Have a good weekend.:D

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
EACH input has its own setting
Bingo ;)

Congrats on solving it yourself! That rarely ever happens on these forums!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Cooper!

I was really starting to think i was stuck with that horrible AMP setting! I was even starting to think about taking a few $100 loss to get rid of this TV to buy one without the AMP setting. I cant understand why anyone would wanna watch TV with this setting turned on. :eek:

Couldn't be happier feels like a million pounds off my shoulders as i spent a few hours trying to figure this crap out. :rolleyes:

Time to crack a beer and enjoy the Sunday. :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the links 57 lots of really good info in those links and i have bookmarked them for later reading.

Went from a 27 inch tube tv that needed to be "warmed up" for 20 mins before you could view most of the screen to a new LCD is a big jump and WAY WAY more settings to mess around with lol. :D

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Need help in connecting LN46C650 to Internet

I sent an email to Samsung asking what device (dongle?) I needed to connect my new Samsung LCD to the Internet so I can view Netflix and Youtube on TV. I received two suggestions: Samsung LAN adapter WISO9ABGN and WISO9ABGN (2).
I Googled the first one on CNET and on a scale of 1 to 5, all eighteen responders gave it a Negative rating of "One". The only Pro remark was that it was easy to connect to the TV. I couldn't find any info on the second adapter.
I dropped in at the Westminster Best Buy and a very helpful salesman looked it up on the computer and showed me the Samsung adapter kit ($134.99). He was pretty sure that no other device would work as the Samsung unit was "proprietary". He mentioned that they work pretty well if the TV and computer are in the same room but not so well if the signal has to pass through walls.
Does anyone have any suggestions re: a cheaper device that works well?
Thank you!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Thanks, edvale! If it doesn't work, I'd only be out $35 which is a heck of a lot better than spending $135 for the Samsung product with no guarantee that it would work.
I'm going to wait a couple of weeks so the backlog of mail has a chance to clear due to the postal disruption before I send away for it.
I just checked Newegg and they have the Rosewill adapter on sale for $29.99! The customer feedback was very positive!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts