Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
While I have a Galaxy S III, I had no problem syncing my Google contacts with the Samsung Contacts app. Check your Sync settings in Settings > Accounts & Sync to make sure your Google account is set to sync contacts.

As for why you can't select the standard Contacts app you had on your Nexus S, it's because that app isn't even on the phone (and as you found out, Google doesn't supply that app on the Play Store). Same goes with the Messaging app -- you get the Samsung version because that's what they chose to install.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Finally got my self an Otterbox for the note 2. Makes the phone even bigger, but not issue for me as I have giant hands. Protects it nicely from damage now.
Only downside is the built in screen protector in the otterbox it kind of makes a loud clicking noise when touching things on the screen. I have tried it with an invisible shield and the otter box but the 2 do not work together nicely so I have removed the shield for now.
If it keeps annoying me I will pop out the otterbox screen protector and use the invisible shield again.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
TechieFreak

Your question confused me a bit you want a different default app to show your contacts?
Or you want the contacts to be displayed differently?

If its the 1st I do not now how to help.
If its the 2nd while in contacts click the options button and choose "contacts to display" then choose from the list or choose custom

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Google Maps voice

Just thought I would post a quirk I found and its solution.

If you use google maps on the note 2 and use navigation the voice will not talk through the phone if blue tooth is turned on. Google is trying to send the navigation audio to a blue tooth device.

So 1 solution is of course to turn blue tooth off. This will allow the navigation audio to go through the note 2 speaker. Of course turning blue tooth off isn't the best solution if you need to use blue tooth.

To get around this, in the blue tooth settings click the settings on the device you are communicating with and uncheck media audio.
This will allow you to still use blue tooth for calls etc but the navigation audio will now go through the speaker of the note 2

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
talljak that's an excellent Android tip.. Though the problem I had the other day with my Jellybean device is I was using Nav, and getting directions through my BT headset. A phone call came in, and I answered the call fine, but the Nav directions kept cutting into my phone call on my BT headset. Maybe your method would help that.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Yea, let us know what happens. I don't use a blue tooth headset, I use Uconnect in my car. My calls still work properly and so does my nav instructions through the note 2 speaker. Although I haven't had a call and been using navigation at the same time. I would of assumed that calls take precedent and the navigation would of been muted.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts