Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 52" Samsung DLP tv. I've only had it for about 2 months and it now highlights all images with a very prominent green color. The color is fine when the tv is first turned on but the green becomes very visible once it has been on for a few minutes. This is something that is very noticable and I don't even want to use the TV now! I have contacted samsung and someone local is coming to fix the problem but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. What is it exactly that needs to be fixed? Also, should I be concerned since I've only had this tv for less than 2 months and it already has problems? It was too expensive for me to want to deal with ANY problems, let alone one so close to the purchase date.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Greetings

The grayscale is likely off and the green color decoding is way way off ... both are fixable ...

Just don't know if the Samsung Repair guy will address these two areas.

Regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If he doesn't fix the problem then who will? I assume that since the tv is under warranty, the problem will be addressed AND fixed by a samsung repairman.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Greetings

You can expect the repair guy to fiddle with the grayscale controls and eyeball something he deems to be okay ...

He needs to make sure the TV meets Samsung's spec ... not yours. (sad to say)

Of course ... if you are really lucky, then something is really malfunctioning on your set then they have to really fix it.

The skepticism comes because Samsung sets are known for looking green and since none of us can see what your image looks like ... it is only a W.A.G.

Good Luck though and keep us informed.

REgards

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well thanks for the help. Hopefully it'll be fixed to where it should be while being less than 2 months old!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turns out it was the main board that was broken and needed to be replaced. Without the warranty, it costs $700. So basically its like getting a new tv. Now the picture is off a little and points up about 1/4" on the one side. I have to call mr. repairman again to get him to come out and re-align it. :mad:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Green Problem Answer!!!

Lamp Boost. I changed this setting in the service menu from 15 to 25 and all the low end green that I was seeing is gone. I will now have to adjust the CCA menu again. Yeah!!! For an amatuer calibration, my set is looking the best that I have ever seen. To everyone who contributed to my education on this forum and others, my sincerest thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts