Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only had this unit for a few days and it has worked flawlessly both on and off my home network. I watched a few YouTube videos with no problems. Today I set up my NetFlix account and that's when I encountered the sound problem. There is no sound whatsoever. The sound on DVDs, on CDs and on YouTube is excellent. I even get the pic and sound on my IPad which is on the same home network. The unit is connected via HDMI to my Yamaha AVR which is controlling the sound. I called both NetFlix and Samsung support and each one blamed the problem on the other. No help at all. Suggestions?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I have the C5500C (pretty much the same box, but without WiFi built in, I think), and I haven't had any issues with audio output with Netflix. Not sure what the issue might be.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Caatnap,

I have the same unit, what audio setting is set to? PCM, Bitstream (re-encode) or Bitstream(Audiophile). How are you outputting the sound, to a TV or Amp?

Transmico.

·
Super Moderator
56,505 Posts
Please read post 1. The audio connection is via HDMI to his AVR and everything but Netflix seems to work. Since Netflix is relatively new in Canada and to some equipment, I would suspect a Netflix or firmware issue. Do you have the latest firmware on the device?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appear to have corrected the problem. I did a reset on the Samsung (hold the Stop button for about five seconds with no disc in the tray) which returned the unit to its default status and I then re-entered all the setup info. It took a while but now it is working perfectly. The latest firmware is 1019 BTW. Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having an issue with the C6500 but not sound... When I connect using the component the screen is with lines... not sure what I am doing wrong or if the system is faulty. I know the component cable works fine as I tried it on my Denon DVD player and works good.

I am able to connect using he RCA but would prefer the component connection. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
On pg.33 of the user manual it has an option for "Progressive Mode". If your TV is a CRT that isn't capable of progressive scan (but still has component video inputs), perhaps that is what is causing the picture problem?

·
Super Moderator
56,505 Posts
As stated above, you cannot feed a 480P, 720P, 1080i/p signal to an SD TV that only accepts 480i. Set it to output 480i and you should be fine. What's the make/model of the TV? If it's an HDTV, set the BD player to 1080i.

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks a lot guys... so i changed the video setting from 1080i to 480i and works great... so far loving this player!

but I have noticed that when I turn the player on and sometimes the network connection is gone so I have to shut it down and reboot the player to get it working.... maybe its just a signal issue at my end. but netflix is amazing on it...

ok back to watching top gear now :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts