Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, have had my sammy for 22 months now (4216w), has worked perfect untill 3 weeks ago, convergence card went. fixed under warranty in 3 days, so can't complain. The picture on this TV is almost peferct, no convergence problems, nothing till just recently when the card packed it in.

regards....

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi there,

the TV worked but the blue convergence was out of wack, sort of ghosting the images with a blue and also a slight yellow halo.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi everyone, just a follow up to my 4216w convergence fix. was VERY surprised to get a call from Samsung Canada this morning following up on the repair of the set! they wanted to know if i was happy with the service and the TV in general, the woman was very nice and a pleasant change from what you expect from these people today, especially seeing how samsungs customer service appears to be less than desirable from what i have read on forums on the internet.

I say, credit where credit is due...lets hear from you folks who have good experiences from customer service departments. It will make the forum a better rounded information source. I have to say, i am the first person to post and bitch when something goes wrong but lets hear from the other side as well

just my Two cents....

·
Registered
143 Posts
Had mine for 26 months. The tv went dead after 2-3 months of use but it was quickly fixed by a certified Samsung repairman, at home. Took a couple of days for them to get the parts but once they got here it took around 15 minutes to dismantle the tv and replace alll 3 circuits attached to the each of the crt's. The tv has been working fine ever since. The warranty is over and i didnt purchase any extended warranty, anyway there is no need for it here in the Province of Quebec because there are laws protecting consumers that says that purchased like a tv should be warranted by the manufacturer for what is a normal lifespan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stressing out Bad!!

Have had my HCM4216W for about 3 years and no problems. sitting at the computer when I noticed my TV was off. Checked it and it actually was ON. The red "timer" light was on but no pic or sound. I realize this has come up on several occasions with alot of you out there. But I really need to know if it is worth the cost of fixing it. So if anyone has any idea of the price and the part # I would appriciate it. :confused:

Price?
Part?

·
Registered
143 Posts
My problem was same as yours. The 3 circuits boards snap on each of the crts and they have wires jumping from one to another. Don't know how much it costs since it was under warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Almost sounds like a screen saver feature of your cable box. I think my Rogers HDTV cable box will blank out but will randomly display it's logo all over the screen.

We must've bought ours at about the same time. I've been raving about my HCM5525w for 3 years now too. Perfect picture, crisp HD...until tonight! My baby won't turn on! (yes it's plugged in). Only reason I can come up with is that it's been left on quite a lot lately. Sometimes i forget to turn it off overnight. But, I'd done this on numerous occasion in the past.

Any ideas what the problem may be. Obviously, I'm calling a certified technician tomorrow. Can anyone recommend a reputable company in downtown Toronto? How much should I expect to pay?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Samsung 55 Inch TV Rear Projection Porblem

Folks
I have the timer staying on problem too.
Any ideas on the costs of fixing this one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts