Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where i can get safety straps so i can strap the LCD TV onto our stand? (don't want it falling over & injuring baby!) or if u have your TV strapped in, please tell me how you did it.
thanks.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I take it your TV has a place to attach straps on the back or the base? I just attached the strap with a couple of screws to the back of the TV stand. They had to be small as to not split the 5/8" inch shelves on my stand but they do the trick.
And they are out of eye sight.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
My 46" tv is currently strapped to the stand with some rope! The plan it to utilize the threaded holes for the wall bracket and with some aluminium strip from Home Depot, fabricate a bracket that will bolt onto the TV and be screwed onto the stand. I estimate about a 2 hour job including the time it takes to go to HD and back. I have seen commercial brackets, usually designed for wall mounts primarily and only as stand mounts as an after thought and I am sure they work well but IMHO are overkill for my childless household and are too ugly and expensive.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Frankly, if its a good stand I really don't see the need if your tv comes with a decent size base. (best to just teach junior to stay away)

BUT

if safety is paramount then buy a proper mount that attaches to the stand. This will be several hundred dollars but it really is the only proper way to do it. BigScreenBob's idea is fine for a smaller unit that might get bumped but it won't prevent a crash if a thirty of forty pound child decides to yank on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts