Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest how I could get my hard drive on my SA box repaired or replaced or have instructions to do it myself? My box is very noisy and you can here the drive spinning every 3-5 minutes.

I do not have much experience with upgrades or repairs to these boxes but I'd do own this one myself and it is only 3.5 yrs old.

Thanks
Aleks

·
Registered
391 Posts
Bad firmware 8300HD iHDD spins up and down constantly

My 8300HD hard drive has started to spin up and down every few minutes, this began about a week or so ago. It is very annoying and not good for the longevity of the iHDD.

It is my property and has an internal 500GB HDD. I suppose that on account of this the HDD is more likely prone to fail and don't know if there is any sense calling Rogers to advise them their firmware may cause my 8300HD to fail?

I wonder if it would be possible to hold them liable for a failure should it occur?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I ordered a WD3200AAJB this morning just to have a backup for my SA8300HD and a couple of older computers. While looking for drives I noticed the Direct Dial have stock (8 pcs) of the WD2500AVJB Audio/Video drives. I've put a 500 and a couple of 320s in PVRs and they work very well. Since the backup I ordered is also for a computer, I ordered the standard desktop drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts