Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Slingbox PRO-HD

One solution would be to use a Slingbox PRO-HD, which I have only read about, I have no personal experience using it. Seems like if you have wifi, you could simulate a multi-room PVR with it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Lets just assume that MR will never happen on Rogers and even if it did you would be faced with SD in any of the 'extra' rooms.

I noticed this new addition on the monoprice website.
Edit: not able to post proper link...search product ID 5221 on the mp site, under HDMI switches

2X6 HDMI Switch & Splitter over CAT5/CAT6 cable

Run two cat5 cables to each additional room and figure out how to control the PVR (IR extenders) and you are golden.

My SA8300HD is in the basement, I have a 25 foot IR extender which I bought from SA in the States, so I can run that up to the main floor for HDTV #2. But I also want to control the box from the 3rd floor for HDTV #3. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
87 Posts
... At a recent sales conference they announced that Rogers will not be launching the Multi-Room PVR this year, maybe never due to major problems with the equipment during testing. They said Time Warner in the states tried to launch it and failed terribly, apparantly there are issues with the distance between the units with the existing cabling in the house. ...
Too bad, cause MTS already offers this feature in Manitoba via their IP TV and its not just limited to SD either.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.