Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two cable boxes for use with Videotron Illico: SA 2000 & 3100HD (my most recent toy). Can I change the remote frequency of one of them so both boxes won't respond when I change channels, etc? Videotron tech support said no.

I'm keeping my old 2000 box connected to my VCR (so it always tapes a digital signal) and my new box 3100HD for watching TV.

Thanks, Sean

BTW, I'm a new user to these forums, but I've been following them for about a month or so. In fact this is where I learned that Videotron was launching its HD service.

As you can see I own the SA 3100HD and would be happy to answer any questions I can about Videotron's HD service. I just connected it yesterday and so far I'm happy with the picture quality. I just wish they would add more HD channels (like Fox).

·
Registered
674 Posts
Are you using it as a "dual tuner" set-up, so you can tape one thing while watching another?

If not just get rid of the 2000.

If you are using it in a "dual tuner" set-up. I pretty sure VT tech support is correct in not being able to change the remote IR fequencies.

You'll have to use a couple of layers of electrical tape to cover the IR reciver on the unit you don't want the channels to change.

PS - The VCR is acually (techinally) recording a analog signal from a digital source. The 3100HD is in the same situation, so it makes no difference.

·
Registered
79 Posts
As TAT2 said you don't need both terminals since the 3100hd is exactly the same except for the hd signals..

I started using mine last week also but had to get it replaced since ii was defective..

My question would be I thaught all HD programming was converted in 16:9 but that's obviously not the case..I was watching some of the morning shows on PBSHD and noticed bars on the side also.I have a 4:3 set..Bars on the top and bottom don't botther me since I watch all my movie dvd's in letterbox so I'm use to it but it reduces the picture considerbaly when the sides are cut off as well

I'm wondering how do we know ahead of time which primetime shows are really in 16:9 (CSI,LAW&ORDER SVU ETC..)

Anybody out there know??

PS.Overall I'm quite happy with the picture quality in HD..There is a considerbale difference compared to regular digital cable.

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
shanester said:
I'm wondering how do we know ahead of time which primetime shows are really in 16:9 (CSI,LAW&ORDER SVU ETC..)
Check out the HDTV Calendar link near the top right of this page.

Also check out this HT FAQ Link --> What's on in HDTV.

None of these links are perfect, but they're better than nothing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.