Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, My RX-V2095 has recently started to switch off automaticly and sometimes won't let me turn it back on for many days and sometimes a week or two. As soon as I press the remote or units on button the unit clicks on and back off immediatly.
Any ideas. :confused:

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Is that a Pioneer model? If so, it is acting like mine did. The output transistors are shot as well as filter condenser. That's what the dealer fixed so it would work again. It seems like the achilles heel of the Pioneer systems.

When mine did it, it was 6 months after the warranty had expired....:(

·
Super Moderator
56,509 Posts
Disconnect all speaker cables, and other connections from the (I assume Yamaha) AVR. Then try turning it on. There may be a short in the speaker connections due to a strand of wire, bad speaker wire, bad speaker, etc.

With nothing connected to the AVR see if it works and start adding stuff back one cable at a time if it works. Be sure to turn the AVR (and other devices) off while making connections, then turn them on once the connection is made. Also, try a factory reset - there's usually a sequence of button presses in the operating manual outlining a reset.

If the AVR won't stay on with nothing connected, you have a problem internal to the AVR.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Like 57 said, the reset will be a good indicator what is wrong with it. For me, it really was internal components. After the reset and nothing plugged in, it stayed on 5 minutes. Then, it was off as soon as I turned it on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts