Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there's a lot of focus on the new Bell Fibe TV, I heard that Bell will simply rebrand there 'Bell TV' to 'Bell Satellite TV'

So we will have Bell Fibe TV and Bell Satellite TV....

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I guess that would make it BSTV.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Where did you hear this?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I assumed they would eventually merge Fibe TV under the Bell TV umbrella. I guess renaming Bell TV to include Satellite would also make sense.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Makes perfect sense, to differentiate between the IPTV and Satellite services. I was actually expecting to see this happen since FibeTV's launch

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
If its true then I'm surprised. They spent millions two years ago to switch from Bell ExpressVu to Bell TV and now they are going to change again?

·
Registered
143 Posts
It sounds like "Bell TV" remains as the umbrella brand, with "Bell Fibe TV" and "Bell Satellite TV" as the specific services. If so, I'd guess that they will generally use the "Bell TV" form except when it's necessary to make a distinction.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Bell loves using the little blue "er" letters in their commercial, they should add those little letters to the end of Fibe, and call it Fiber so its more politically correct.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Bell loves using the little blue "er" letters in their commercial, they should add those little letters to the end of Fibe, and call it Fiber so its more politically correct.
Perhaps if it wanted to be "regular". I think you mean Fibre. Which Bell's service isn't.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Fibe also overcomes the English/French translation issue ie fiber vs fibre. Fibe is neither French nor English.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Fibe also overcomes the English/French translation issue ie fiber vs fibre. Fibe is neither French nor English.
And exactly what issue is that?

In Canadian English, for threaded meterials, it's Fibre, just as in French. We use Fiber for the Dietary substance. :p

Bell just chose "Fibe" to be silly.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Who cares what they call it, it's still the same channels & crappy service.
Does it really matter if it's ExpressVu or Bell TV or Bell Satellite TV? They could call it "Radiation waves from the sky TV" for all I care, it's all the same.
Then why watch? And why even bother with the forum? Find another carrier if Bell is so bad.

I've actually found BellTV's customer service to have improved dramatically. The CSR's I've talked to are more than happy to help and answer any questions. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've found nothing to complain about on the CS side.

Programming? That's a different matter. They need to do a better job at bringing more HD channels on board.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Why rebrand?

:rolleyes: This just plain crazy!!

Why you ask?

Cost for branding their products

I have two dishes

one simplely says EXPRESSVU in Big Black Letters

the other says

Bell Expressvu with logo

I'm guessing the BTV dish might have that logo(not sure havn't seen any)

But it cost money to revamp their web site, their panmphlets, billing and so forth.

They just rebrand just a while ago> :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Bell uses Fibe because it's not fibre in most cases. The last mile (or whatever) is still twisted pair, not fibre optic cable. It might be fibre optic cable to the drop box on the street or in the MDU but it's still DSL into the residence. Fibe implies fibre but it does so without the need to actually be fibre. It's just a clever a marketing ploy.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts