Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
So Bell's website is then in conflict with its self... ???
It's not really in conflict, its just burying the information deep within to try and downplay it.

If you've been living under a rock you might not know that Bell has been taking a beating in terms of this UBB fiasco, government has had to get involved, Bell today just unveiled their new UBB 2.0, with a fancy new name and smell to make you think its different, called "Aggregated Volume Pricing". How this will affect Bell's own customer's isn't clear yet.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
No it is totally a conflict. Used the chat option and they said the $1 per gb after 300gb applies. Lower level tech on the phone said the same thing. Then got transfered to retention/customer loyalty who said it doesn't apply. He claims to have made a note on my account about this but who knows.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I've learned to never trust anything a Bell CSR says, especially in regards to pricing. When the final bill arrives they are often wrong, usually to your detriment .

I think this has been said elsewhere but let's see how the new UBB pricing affects heavy users. A $30 to $60 jump is bad enough, but how about a family with a couple of teenagers that racks up 600GB. That's now a $30 to $360 jump or about 1200%. :eek: There is no way you can prove to me it is justified.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Well that is the scary thing. You get a family with 2 or 3 computer geeks who like to download, and suddenly your paying a stupid price.

·
Registered
379 Posts
There are some Internet providers out there that do not use UBB and have unlimited bandwidth; someone mentioned Bell Aliant earlier. Can't get these providers in all areas though.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts