Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
This is getting a bit OT but I use SageTV as my HTPC based PVR. There is a brilliant plugin for this called SageRecordingExtender(SRE) which was written by a Canadian who goes by the name of Slugger. It monitors web sites like ESPN.com and will keep extending a recording to ensure that you don't miss a game because it goes overtime. This works for NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB and NCAA Football and Basketball. This has been extraordinarily useful for me.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Most sports are pretty good in general with not doing that though as you say. Tennis happens quite often and sometimes with NHL playoffs.
The biggest culprits I say: American football (NCAA & NFL), tennis, golf and baseball.

However, this is my biggest peeve with NFL broadcasters: NFL games are never less than 3h 30 min. Sometimes they go almost to 4 hours, not including overtime. Yet, they are scheduled only for 3 hours, making the regular shows afterward are all screwed up.

Case in point is the Sunday afternoon of NFL on CBS. They only allocate the game to be 16:00 - 19:00. At 19:00 they have 60 Minutes. The result is that whenever the CBS affiliate has the double-header, Sunday primetime shows are all off their schedules.

Well, sorry for the rant that derails the topic from Rugby World Cup.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Yes the kicking was awful. Then again, how many poorly chosen passes, dropped passes as well. Then the line outs. One area where we consistently struggle--we rarely challenge opposing teams on theirs as well. But, we squeaked out a tie. Hopefully this was just one of those games and as long as Tonga is defeated by France, this team has done what it intended and that is to qualify for next world cup.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
The fullback, James Pritchard, is actually an excellent kicker. But he took a knee in the head in the first half and was off the field for a bit and then was taken off at halftime. He would not have missed the short penalty in the first half. But Ander Munro did not kick well. But the team made too many basic errors and couldn't win their own line out at important times.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts