Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I use Shaw Cable in Vancouver and used to pay extra for their SportsNet World programming that gave excellent access to Rugby Union games being played in competitions around the world (Europe, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand). Recently SportsNet World stopped providing their Rugby Union coverage. Can anyone suggest what is the best option for me to get similar coverage from another Cable provider. I would change from Shaw to get it. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The Aviva Premiership is on beIN Sports but I think it is often delayed because of soccer. They had the Six Nations last year. beIN is on Telus and Bell.

I think beIN's online service shows the rugby live.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The autumn internationals were on beIN. I'm fairly sure SN World used to have those. The Aviva Premiership, Top14 and PRO12 are also now with beIN. SN World still has the European Rugby Champions Cup (previously known as the Heineken Cup).

The domestic competitions in the southern hemisphere aren't in season which is why you're not seeing any games from Super Rugby.

beIN is mostly a soccer channel, so you won't always see live rugby on their TV channel but they do stream many of them live on their digital streaming platform.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not sure why Sportsnet World is still on the air with the minute amount of live sports it still carries, never mind charging $20 a month for it. I finally got fed up and cancelled and have been struggling to find Rugby sources online. I guess all the money spent on NHL rights leaves nothing left in the bank for paying users. It will be interesting to see if Super Rugby returns next month.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts