The Rubik's Cube is a 3-D mechanical puzzle that was invented in 1974 by Hungarian sculptor and professor of architecture Erno Rubik.
Originally called the "Magic Cube", the puzzle has gone on to sell more than 350 million cubes making it the world's top-selling puzzle game and perhaps the world's best-selling toy.
So its not surprising that the official Rubik's Cube iPhone / iPod Touch app is now available from the iTunes store for $2.99.
In addition to letting you solve a virtual Rubik's cube the app will also help you learn how to solve the cube at any point with a built-in Solver gives you a step-by-step solution.
Other features of the app include:
- Anaglyph 3D mode (glasses not included)
- 2x2x2, 3x3x3, 4x4x4 & 5x5x5 Rubik's Cubes
- 24 different game styles
- 360 degree view using iPhone 4 gyroscope
- Personalized cubes with stickers and photos
- Easy-to-understand solution guide
- Extra-challenging CRAZY Cube
Discuss your experience with the Rubiks Cube iPhone app in Digital Home’s Smartphone applications forum.