Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had an upgrade to my FibreOP modem. I received a Hh3000 to replace the R3000. The Home hub is up and running but I still have the old r3000 at my disposal, it was a
Contactless install in which the tech told me over cell how to install. I was wondering is there anyway I can use the r3000 as a router so I can extend my wifi coverage to my detached garage. There is a cat 5E that runs to the garage from where the home hub is located. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
The router needs to be configured as an access point. I've never done this with an R3000 but it should work the same. Connect it directly to a PC using one of the LAN ports. Bring up the default configuration page. Change the R3000 static LAN address to something other than the Hh3000 default. For example, if the Hh3000 is 192.168.1.1, then change the H3000 to 192.168.1.2 (Keep the first 3 numbers the same.) Reconnect to the new address. Then disable DHCP on the H3000.

Now, connect the H3000 to the LAN using one of it's LAN ports. (If it exists, do not use the WAN port.) Then check the wifi. How the wifi is configured depends on the situation. Using the same SSID(s) and password on both routers makes it easier to use existing devices. That's it, at least with most routers. I'm not sure if there are extra settings for TV that need to be addressed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should The internet light on the R3000 be on, LAN 1 is blinking and both the 5g and 2.4g are on and the pier light is is on

1 - 3 of 3 Posts