Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I don't remember having to put in an address when I created my Roku account in 2010. Maybe that part is new. I used my Canadian based credit card.

I do have all of the US channels but I don't know why it's a big deal. I guess if you really want Hulu or Amazon on Demand I guess. But I use it primarily for Netflix (including Netflix US) and other free programming channels so it would actually make no difference to me whether I have a US or Canadian Roku account.

If I were creating a new account today I'd just make a Canadian Roku account and then watch US Netflix through unblockus.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Canadian Roku - OK

I'm using the Roku XD (got it at the local Walmart) with the Justin TV private plugin to get some Live TV. Watching soccer in spanish is a hoot - and the interface is nice and clean, with some high quality feeds. The MyMedia plugin is also useful to get access to media on my network, but it does require the installation of the MyMedia server on my server.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just wanted to kickstart this again a little. London Drugs in Abbotsford-(near vancouver) has a few XD and XS models on the shelf with the XS at $109 i think.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, who is using Roku Tv in 2020. I have discovered recently a free live soccer app in Vizio TV. It is free in canada

41 - 44 of 44 Posts