Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I activated a new 3 year contract and purchased the Acer Liquid E. Since I already have the Nexus One I used the Nexus One with my 3 year contract and gave the Acer Liquid E to my wife who was using it as a Pay As You Go phone.

Since we received the phone the audio speaker hasn't worked when sending/receiving calls. So my wife has to keep it on speakerphone to hear anything. I called Rogers to get a replacement phone since they determined it to be a hardware issue and Rogers says that they will not honor the 30 day warranty because it is now a PayAs You Go Phone.

My argument is that the phone hasn't worked from day 1 when it was a 3 year contract phone. We were on hold forever and tossed from department to department and no department in Rogers is willing to solve the problem or take responsibility of the issue.

What advice do you have for me to have my phone replaced? Which department is best? Do you have any phone numbers for us to call? What else can we do to solve the problem?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
man your in a pickle. That is a strange set of circumstances. You know you want to just snap on them over the phone. But i think u need to try and get a higher level of management to speak to. In all honestly they probably have no idea how to deal with the issue. ITs obvious that had it stayed on the 3 year contract plan they would deal with it as normal... I would look into what the warranty policy is for PNG phones just so you have the info for both types of phone purchases when talking to them.. i cannot see how they cancel a warranty because you switch plans within your account.

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The plan hasn't been switched. At any time I can place my SIMcard back into my Acer Liquid E and use it as my 3 year contract phone.

·
Super Moderator
56,558 Posts
If you can, perhaps drop in to a Rogers Phone outlet with the phone. Sometimes it's better dealing face to face - less chance of miscommunication, etc.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
agreed. Sometimes the front lines can make things much easier for you.

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice ... will do

In the mean time Rogers told me to call Acer for the warranty. I call Acer and Acer saysrogers has to honour the one year warranty. When Acer gives Rogers the phone to sell Rogers also receives the warranty responsibility.

Unbelievable ...

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I think there's some serious miscommunication going on here.
Regardless of what account the Liquid is being used on, the 1 year warranty is in fact valid. Just call back tell them you're having the issue and give them the phone number you bought the Acer with and you're all good.

I think you've just been getting some poorly misinformed reps here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts