Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My address has been around for 60 years. I subscribed to Rogers Internet for several years as well as Rogers Cable at my current address but have not subscribed for some time.

I went to the their site today for some pricing and potential deals on Internet service and received the following message "We can not find your address in our system."

Makes me wonder how they stay in business!

·
Super Moderator
56,509 Posts
That is very odd Hugh. I put in my postal code and then the street number and it came back fine - telling me there was already service at the location. When I put in your postal code and then your street number I got the same message you did.

Of course, it's possible they "know" you. ;)

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to assume that my address really is in their system.

My guess is that, as a former customer, they want me to phone in so they can try to upsell me on other services or perhaps a bundle.

I am considering adding cable internet service to my DSL service for redundancy hence why I went to the Rogers site. I don't want to sign up though until they offer some type of promotion, although most promotions are for bundles.

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
As a victim of a Rogers web site hack (99gecko was too) that led to a couple of Blackberrys being bought on my dime by someone in another part of the country I have fundamental suspicions and distrust of their computing environment's security and reliability.

At that time my son's ex-gf was working for Rogers in the corporate accounts side and mentioned that they were always having computer data problems. She said that the company usually just made quick fixes and then pretended that nothing was wrong. In my case I was quite disturbed by the nonchalant way in which the fraudulent transaction was handled before they were able to clean up the mess and sweep it all under the rug. I gave up on Rogers earlier this year.

In the case of your missing address, it sounds like a database barf. Most corporations buy such data so maybe they forgot to pay the bill? :D I hope your Rogers services don't just disappear when someone finds out that your address doesn't exist.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Most likely just a simple DB mis-match. The same thing happened to me with Bell (and continues). They don't seem to update it regularly. I've had the top tier service with Bell, however their site says I can only get the rural-wifi service. I believe the 3rd party ISP's also use the same DB...so they'll likely have the same response.

You'd probably have to bite it an call to speak with someone.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I get a lot of Rogers junk in the mail so I'm waiting for a good promotion. I figure January might be a good time.

·
Registered
520 Posts
What does your address show up as in a gps unit or google maps? would you find it only by a county?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts