1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
After i left Rogers last year they sent me 3 notifications that they owed me 19$... Finally i called them asking for them to send me a check because obviously they know they over charged me... I updated my address with them 2 times... to this date.. no 19$ check that they kept telling me they owed me..

·
Registered
382 Posts
Got my letter today, wasn't even expecting it. Would have been nice to know a bit more detail.

·
Registered
15 Posts
got your BCB credit yet?

I got a letter notifying me of the discount errors that have occurred at Rogers with some customers that have Better Choice Bundles packages...I got a credit for about $270, which is almost the equivalent of my monthly Rogers bill.

I understand that the money was rightfully ours anyways, but this is awesome timing for myself since - as a teacher - I am off for the summer, so one less bill to pay is very nice!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
After i left Rogers last year they sent me 3 notifications that they owed me 19$... Finally i called them asking for them to send me a check because obviously they know they over charged me... I updated my address with them 2 times... to this date.. no 19$ check that they kept telling me they owed me..
Telus sent me a monthly invoice with $17 credit for over a year after I cancelled mobile phone service with them about 4-5 years ago, with a note that I would get a cheque soon. I called a few times over the year, and finally just told the guy to make sure it happened or I would take the story to the media. I got a cheque the next week!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Got my letter yesterday about the refund. Very surprised considering I haven't been a customer since moving to Bell 14 months ago. I notice some people received credits of over $200, I was wondering why mine was only $60 since my cable bill at the time was approx $160/month since I had the movie package, the sports pack and renting several receivers.

Can anyone explain how the refund amount is determined ?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Here's what the letter said :

"We have completed a thorough assessment of your previous Rogers account. We have determined that you did not receive all the discounts for which you were eligible under our Better Choice Bundles discount program.

We apologize for this error and will be giving you a one-time refund of $60.66, which includes $6.63 in taxes and $3.02 in interest equal to what you are owed.

To receive your refund cheque, please complete the form below and mail it back in the enclosed envelope. You can expect to receive your cheque in the mail approx 3-5 weeks after returning the completed form."

·
Registered
105 Posts
This opened up a whole can of worms for me... They told me that I was getting too much of a discount and I'm having to fight just to get that back. I've been a long time cell customer, internet customer for about 3-4 years (since I moved out) and just signed up for cable 2 or 3 months ago and was getting a 10% discount on my internet and cable. They sent the letter saying that they were bumping that back down to 5%...

4 hours on the phone and I think I have it sorted out, then I check online and they meddled with my cell contract - of which I was told would not happen.

Back on the phone I go - I'm going to wait until the next bill actually comes in though, wait and see if it fixes itself again or not. I'm already assuming it won't.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I got a letter saying I got too much of a discount and they're taking it away.

Specifically, my Fido bundle no longer qualifies.

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Better Choice Bundes had 5, 10, 15% discounts depending on which services you had and it varied when you started and which services, so there's no hard and fast rule.

I would guess that what happened is that some people had say 4 services, but only got 10% discount instead of 15...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had rogers service for tv, cell, home phone and internet from 2000 to 2009. I had them all bundled as far I as know. Seems like a $60 discount is a little on the low side ? I was paying out approx $350/month to them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts