Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
181 - 199 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
I was prepared for that answer. My retort was going to be, Rogers owns the Leafs, so it is their fault. Further, how can they expect you to pay for a service they aren't offering. That's where I was going to go next. You may need to play some CSR roulette.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Wow your lucky, I just called and the CSR I got fairly much told me tuff that it's not Rogers fault that the NHL is on strike and there is nothing they will do for me
OH Yeah There's nothing they can do for you? :mad:

We'll see!! :eek:

Simple say Yeah, there's nothing you can do for me!! OK I like to cancel my Rogers Cable you'll see how fast their tune changes. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have always found with Rogers that it is a game of CSR roulette. You just keep phoning until you get the right one. Some are clueless; some are rude; some are helpful; some are not. Eventually, you hit on one that is a quite good and you come away feeling satisfied instead of totally frustrated!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well I did call back and told them I was thinking of moving to Bell ;), they gave me 15% off for the year which includes the SSP plus credit for the SN magazine each month so it all worked out in the end :cool:

I have always found with Rogers that it is a game of CSR roulette. You just keep phoning until you get the right one. Some are clueless; some are rude; some are helpful; some are not. Eventually, you hit on one that is a quite good and you come away feeling satisfied instead of totally frustrated!
Very true ! When I first called about the SSP the rep told me I could cancel it so I said I watch the NFL and she says "Well your watching other sports so whats the problem?" :eek: When I called back the second time I got a much nicer rep thank goodness but seriously, calling Rogers or Bell can really raise your blood pressure sometimes.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Another billing cycle and another credit for no NHL in my SSP. Settled for a 65% credit on the price, which I thought was more than fair considering we are also getting NFLST, NCAA and starting tonight NBALP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys

Just an FYI that we announced some good news for hockey fans last week and as I saw some of you inquiring about the Super Sports Pack and NHL back here, I thought I would update you.
- NHL Centre Ice is on free preview from Jan. 19 to Jan. 31
- NHL Centre Ice is available as part of the Rogers Super Sports Pak, which also includes OHL Action Pak, NBA League Pass, MLB Extra Innings, a subscription to Sportsnet magazine and more
- Rogers customers can also purchase NHL Centre Ice à la carte for the reduced cost of $49.99 for a one-time fee for the full season

More info here: http://roge.rs/WoDgGd

How did you like the games on Saturday?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Rogers Elise confirmed via twitter that Nascar has been removed from the SSP. Given this loss of service, there should be a service adjustment to the cost of the tier, but so far have yet to hear back. Perhaps Elise can post about it here and explain what is going on.

SSP probably should see some sort of credit due to NHLCI costing less this year as well, but that I am sure is a fight with retentions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
it's most likely that the NASCAR feeds are gone because the roof cameras will not be on the cars for the majority of the races this season. it was determined that the roof cams affected the aerodynamics too much and were advantageous to the leader or front five or six cars and detrimental to the cars farther behind. DirecTV in the US no longer offers the NASCAR hotpass as well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I signed up again for the NFL season which includes the NFL RedZone channel. Has anybody signed up for the online package for Sunday Ticket and RedZone? Is it worth it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
OK.. so I see for an extra 30 you can get NFL Online , what about NHL Center Ice? Do you get a subscription for online version? Can you pay extra for this. The reason I ask is that I am in the US a few times this year and would want to watch the NHL games online while I am away without the need to purchase a slingbox or something.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
My understanding.. the last year or two.. NO tv provider has been given the online subscription for center ice.. you pretty much have to pay for it separate (vs before I think they just gave you the code)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Okay, I signed up for SSP and NFLRZ was not included. I paid the extra $30 to get it and now is there to view the NFLRZ on a iPad? What about online?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Who is the person choosing which baseball games are shown on Sunday when they don't have enough bandwidth for everything (NFL + MLB?)

Why aren't the Braves/Cubs (Braves can clinch the NL East) Rays/Orioles (important game in the Wild Card standings) and Royals/Rangers (important game in the Wild Card standings) games being shown, instead of Phillies-Mets (meaningless?)

I don't get it.

181 - 199 of 199 Posts