Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 45 Flames and 43 Oilers games on Sportsnet West this season, viewers in Manitoba (Rogers Sportsnet West is Manitoba's regional channel) should be looking at a blank screen about 50% of the time in primetime this winter.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
They could air alternate programming on Sportsnet West for analog subscribers in Manitoba, I think. It would make sense to make Sportsnet Ontario available to analog subscribers in Manitoba. It only airs 20-some Leafs games, so it would be blacked out less.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not aware of an alternate channel for Sportsnet West, but anyway what could they possibly air besides more poker. They certainly wouldn't show a live sporting event, as that would cost money. Sportsnet West in Manitoba has evolved into a summer only channel for baseball. Viewers in Manitoba should get a 50% off subscription fee.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I lived in Eastern Ontario on analog cable the Sportsnet Ontario feed would be substituted with the Sportsnet East feed whenever Ontario was airing a regional Leafs game. And when Sportsnet East was airing a regional Senators game the East feed would also be substituted over the Ontario feed.

I'd imagine they will have to do something similar in Manitoba for analog customers. If West is airing a Flames or Oilers game they would have to put another Sportsnet feed not airing an NHL game in its place for that time period. if East, Ontario, West, and Pacific are all airing games at the same time though I wonder if they would then have to use the Sportsnet One feed?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tonight, Oct. 13th on Sportsnet West in Manitoba, the hockey game (Edmonton at Minnesota) is blacked out per NHL rules and the baseball game Brewers at Cardinals is not on because the hockey game is on. What we have is a blank screen. I have now removed Sportsnet West from my EPG, and will not look at it again until April next year for Jays games.

·
Registered
338 Posts
It's pathetic they weren't showing the baseball game. I don't have it too bad with all the regional Sportsnets in HD available to me (except East) but if I only had West I'd be ticked off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts