Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain to me why the Senators game on Sportsnet East is blacked out, but Sportsnet Ontario is showing the Senators game from a Sportsnet East feed? In fact, the schedule at http://www.sportsnet.ca/tvschedule/ says that Sportsnet Ontario should be showing a baseball game while only Sportsnet East is showing the Senators game. I just don't see why they blackout Sportsnet East just to move it to Sportsnet Ontario.

Edit: I am talking about the HD channels; the SD channel is a different story, with both East and Ontario showing the Senators game.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's beyond my comprehension. To boot, Sportsnet Ontario wasn't showing hockey initially -- the baseball game was still on, so we ended up switching to the SD (puke) channel for the first period. Now SNO. (HD) seems to have the hockey game on.

Sportsnet does not strike me as an organization that is very competent when it comes to scheduling. Case in point, baseball on 3/4 channels. Uhmm, one is enough. ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
The reason baseball is on 3/4 is because those are the regional channels and that game would be on in each region. It's not poor scheduling, its the way its supposed to be.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The reason baseball is on 3/4 is because those are the regional channels and that game would be on in each region.
I do realize that, but with Digital Cable quickly becoming the norm it seems they should do away with regional coverage and just become SportsNet 1, 2, 3 and 4 so they can cover more with less duplication. But I am a Rogers customer receiving a Rogers network... perhaps other providers don't get access to all of SportsNet's broadcasts like we do...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts