Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the difference between rogers basketball and football package compared to bell. I know bell offer only espn channels and specialty channels that espn owns like big east network and they never show fox games. Is rogers the same? rogers shows just espn channel feeds for the college basketball and football package?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i have bell and all i get is espn,espn2,espnu and some espn owned networks like big east network games and sec network games. Does rogers show all bigten games for basketball and football?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think shaw will be similar to rogers because they offer bigten network as a channel. Bell has the worst coverage for the college sports package. Rogers might even offer fox games im not sure

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm not even sure Shaw has a college sports package. I don't see one on their websire or in their brochure. It'll be hard for me to go with Shaw with college football.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yeah....Eastlink in Sudbury is the same. Half the time I don't even know a game is on because it's not on the guide.
I really do hate Eastlink. I wish Rogers would hurry up and takeover Eastlink here in Sudbury.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yeah but half the time, half the games aren't listed in the guide. Eastlink is the worst.....I can't wait to move so I can get a dish.

·
Registered
65 Posts
This sucks. So you just have to wait for your game to start then find the channel?

Looks like that may be the deal with Bell too. Looking for the BYU-Misissippi game from ESPN2 Saturday and it has not made the receiver program guide as of yet.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sportsnet 1 had at least one Fox regional college football game on saturdays last season... I'm sure they will again to fill up programming. I generally only watch Big 12 games and alot of them are on Fox regionals.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bell Sports Package

Anyone wanting the College Football/Sports package, please call Bell and help educate.

I called today to make sure I am subscribed for Thursday's games. They are fairly sure that there is not games until Saturday.

Would love to see the ESPN games Thursday and Friday! Numbers may help.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Bell Fibre nor Bell Satellite has ESPN. Don't get your hopes up. It isn't allowed in the country and based on the current rules, it will never be. WITH THAT SAID, Bell's US College Package/Rogers SSP both pick up ESPN feeds for NCAA sports.

As someone on Rogers who has SSP, sometimes the games are listed and sometimes they aren't. I can't recall ever seeing games that aren't broadcast on Big Ten or ESPN though.

I see for Thursday at 7pm, Texas A&M @ Louisana Tech listed on ch 432 on Rogers SSP. Washington State @ BYU is on ch 433 at 10pm.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts