Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going on vacation and I'm trying to figure out how to set my PVR to record a program 2 weeks in advance. When I scroll through the date option (B button) on the guide it only shows 1 week.

Is there any way I can do a manual recording to set it for 2 or 3 weeks later? It seems strange that I can't but I can on a VCR. It's kind of a step backwards otherwise. I don't see any manual date options on the remote either.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
You can try a manual recording. IIRC, it's under "Preferences" (B button) when in the scheduled recording list. I haven't tried 2 weeks out though, but give it a try.

·
Super Moderator
56,506 Posts
Manual recordings can be set up to 2 weeks out (List-Preferences-B). When I travel I'm sometimes away for longer than that, so I set up a repeat recording for the "time" I eventually need and simply toss out the earlier ones I don't need when I get back. (List-Preferences-B - Every Sunday at 7PM for example)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I have found that just setting the shows I always watch to record "all episodes, this channel, this day, this time slot" from the IPG works best. That way I never have to worry about missing the beginning of a show. In fact, watching later lets me skip commercials and save time. Of course, this only works for regularly scheduled shows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts