Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not joking. I saw a Rogers flyer this week in my friend's house promoting a deal with Rogers where you can get ANALOG cable and Internet through Rogers for some price I don't remember. This was a brand new flyer that just came in the mail.

So obviously they're not ready to kill analog yet, at least here in London. Is Rogers actively promoting analog cable in any other areas?

·
Registered
382 Posts
If it's the flyer I saw recently, it's a deal aimed at students with an 8 month term.

·
Registered
8,381 Posts
^^^^
I don't see them actually mention analog TV, but the "no hardware required" implies it. They also show a wide screen TV, which would imply HD service. I guess they don't see a problem for selling analog service for only 8 months.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Sure why not, any new customer is additional revenue. They can always have them upgrade later to digital.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
all new tvs are widescreen, its getting very hard to find a 4:3 tube tv, even a 16:9 tube tv is hard to find. you dont see them promoting an ancient old TV with knobs and rabit ears antenna do you? nooope. maybe 20 years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts