Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Info via Rogers SMS (service message from "4710":

"Rogers svc msg: As of Aug 10/11 the Canada & U.S. pay-per-use long distance rate will be $0.40/min (currently $0.40/min first 5 mins & $0.20/min after) + airtime"

So, to paraphrase, they're dropping the $0.20 rate after the first 5 minutes of LD usage.

FYI

Cameron

·
Registered
83 Posts
They also released a long distance add-on for $5/month that gives you a rate of $0.10+airtime to call Canada and USA. So I assume the reason for dropping the $0.20 lower rate after 5 minutes is to push the LD add-on option.

·
Super Moderator
56,638 Posts
Using the link above I read the "Full Details" and this is a recurring add on, so I assume you cannot add this for one month when you travel and then revert to my previous $10/mo total monthly withdrawal say, when I return from travel?

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
I just logged onto my account and checked the add-on link. It's not listed (yet). Assuming it works the same way as other add-ons (i.e. SMS packages) you should have the ability to add and remove as you see fit.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Using the link above I read the "Full Details" and this is a recurring add on, so I assume you cannot add this for one month when you travel and then revert to my previous $10/mo total monthly withdrawal say, when I return from travel?
This is a Pay As You Go add-on, which I mentioned since this topic is about the LD rates for Paygo. There is no $10 add-on for LD on Paygo, so I assume you are looking at something for postpaid.

The add-on is for calling LD to Canada and USA from Canada (not for roaming outside Canada). The add-on recurs monthly, just like the SMS and WAP add-ons until you remove the feature.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
The full details reference mentioned above is:

1. North American Long Distance Preferred Rate add-on is a recurring monthly option. Regular pay-per-use Canada/US long distance ($0.40/minute) charge applies if recurring $5 monthly fee is not paid.
Applies to calls originating in Canada on the Rogers wireless network and terminating in Canada or the Continental U.S., including Alaska, Hawaii.

Regular airtime rates apply.

·
Super Moderator
56,638 Posts
mastercontrol The $10 is what I pay each month for Rogers PAYGo.

I had assumed this add-on may help me when I'm in the US, but this $5 add-on is for calls made from Canada.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rogers PayGo Rate Increase Nov. 7 2012

Reviving an old thread... :)

Got a text Sept. 27 this year.

On Nov. 7, 2012, texts within Canada, both sent and received go from $0.20 each to $0.25 each on Rogers PayGo.

Eeeek... :-(

Cameron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts