Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
57,120 Posts
The following thread discusses how to on the 9865 (see links in post 1). I don't believe we have any instructions for the 4K PVR since it is newer and not many people need to do anything to them, but it should be similar.

·
Super Moderator
57,120 Posts
Per the link in post 6 of this thread, I don't believe you need to do anything after you install the new drive, but it takes some time to boot/format (HDDF) - link says 20 minutes I believe, but be prepared for more time. You may also need to call Rogers to have the PVR re-authorized.

Another drive to consider is the WD purple drives. I believe the PVR will accept/format a drive up to 2TB, but the larger size is not usually necessary with Rogers using "Media Shrink" on their PVRs giving capacity equivalent to about 1.7-1.8 TB.

There is nothing to do regarding defrag. It takes care of itself.

·
Super Moderator
57,120 Posts
The date of manufacture of the PVR is usually on the bottom or back, on a white sticker. My guess would be around 2017, but the age doesn't matter as much as the amount of use, banging around, and luck.

·
Super Moderator
57,120 Posts
If the PVR is on and tuned to a channel, then it is recording to allow you to pause live TV. If I go away from the PVR for a while, but want to leave it on because I'll be back soon, I tune it to channel 950 because it no longer records since there's nothing on that channel. It also minimizes TV use since that channel is completely black.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.