Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed the new home phone packages and prices on the Rogers Website? As an example, the Basic Value Plan is now known as the Essentials plan. The Basic Value Plan cost $23.95 per month (no extras) and included 250 North American long distance minutes every month. The Essentials plan cost $26.50 per month (no extras or long distance included). This is a 10% increase in price. However, if you also want long distance (500 minutes instead of 250) the cost is $36.50 per month - a 52% increase in price (albeit with an extra 250 long distance minutes). Similar increases have also affected the other two plans, now known as Favourites and Deluxe! How does Rogers justify this? Once again it is the Rogers double whammy! Take something away AND increase the cost!

·
Registered
390 Posts
This is why I avoid providers with contracts like the plague. I'm with Teksavvy and in 2 years have yet to see a single increase in basic phone with 1 feature.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Been with Primus for years. I save tons over Rogers cost and have politely explained to rogers reps many times when they call "why would I switch if it costs me more?":confused:. Now if we can open up the competition on other services in Canada like internet and quality television, the big guys will be shitting their pants...or at least lowering their ridiculous pricing.:D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Does anybody know how to contact that auditor that the lady brought with her to the eye glasses store, on that TV ad?
I just opened up the annual price increase letter from rogers.
You know the one, ... "We will be making some adjustments to certain rates effective March 1, 2011"
I can't make heads or tails of this.
We are on "value plan classic" (classic being soon to end?) as listed on our bill.

The paper letter lists 5 different levels of service - new prices:
"Lite plan: $17.00", "Value lite plan: $24.95" "Value plan classic: $28.95" "Value plan extras: $34.95" "value plan international: $34.95".

The web link listed at the bottom of the page (not sure if allowed http link here) shows only 3 different packages on-line.

Website 3 levels of service
ESSENTIALS: $26.50 FAVOURITES: $36.50 DELUXE: $41.50

None of the prices or package names match the paper letter of course.
Honestly, I have an easier time understanding and renewing my mortgage every couple of years!
Yeah it maybe time to look into vo-ip.
I made March 1st an annual event in our house. Each time Rogers increases a price, we drop a service or option. Last year it just took 50 cents increase on the home phone. We dropped cable-TV altogether.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Supprised nobody's done a comparrison with the old plans + saf, and the new plans that dont have SAF any more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts