Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
401 - 420 of 1337 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Some of what the advertising says is true, but only if you do all your recordings as a single show. For series recordings, it is a different story. For example, tonight I was watching the news while it was still recording (from the scheduled tab). When I was finished, it took 7 key presses to delete the episode (Up to get to the tab line, left to get to the Recorded tab, down to get to the recording, Right, Right to get to Delete, OK to delete, and OK to confirm delete).

We have been catching up on a series for which we recorded an entire season, so there are around 20 episodes. After finishing watching an episode, the list returns to the first on the list, and it takes 19 key presses to get back to the episode we just watched so we can delete it. After it is deleted, the list again returns to the first on the list and it takes 18 key presses to get to the next recording to watch.

This is not an easier way to watch TV.

·
Registered
44 Posts
@ExDilbert ---explain again? "PVR column"??
Are you talking about recordings? There's no 'Show By' columns in Navigatr just rows of tiles, mixing both Recorded and Scheduled to Record. The default sort is most recent first and the other option is alphabetically, though that's broken and the setting unsets after 1 use. Bottom line if that's what you're asking: no, there's no way to sort By Oldest First.

·
Registered
195 Posts
There was a post in another thread about the rewards program being shut down. I found the linked site interesting and followed the links to Rogers CEO Guy Laurence's Rogers 3.0 plan. That led me to an interview with the following quote from Laurence:

“Everyone thinks it’s all about what we do against our competitors. It’s all about what we do for our customers – and as a consequence of doing the right thing for your customer, you do better than your competitor… I don’t wake up worrying about Bell. I wake up in the morning worrying about my customers."

Somebody should wake Guy Laurence up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So we're Navigatr +1 month today.

In my inbox yesterday was an email from Vision Critical Research, a "professional market research company" hired by Rogers to get customer feedback on Navigatr. It's like Rogers is in denial of the full month's worth of negative postings on Facebook, Twitter and their forum, not to mention the earfuls their customer service / tech support / office of the president staff have been getting. So let's spend some money and see if there's actually people out there who LIKE Navigatr?... even a bit?

And instead of giving all participating customers a small bill credit or something of even minimal value they might appreciate Rogers is taking the cheap way out with a "win a chance to win 1 of 3 $100 Rogers gift cards" .......

For that, I was tempted to fill in the survey with bogus replies saying I LOVED every aspect of Navigatr, but you know what, I couldn't live with myself if I did that.

Here's the survey, copy and pasted:

Navigatr Satisfaction Research August 2015

As part of the ongoing efforts to better serve your needs, you are invited to participate in a survey and provide feedback on your Rogers TV products/services. Rogers has contracted Vision Critical, a professional market research firm, to conduct this survey.

Your answers are extremely important and will be used to help improve your TV viewing experience. As a token of our appreciation you will be entered into a draw for one of three $100 Rogers gift cards. For Contest Rules and Regulations, please click here.

Your answers will be sent directly to Vision Critical, where they will be tabulated and aggregated with those of other respondents. All data collected will be free of any identifying information, entirely anonymous, and confidential.

Questions:

1. Does your household currently subscribe to Rogers television service?(YES / NO)
  2. Thinking of your set top box, have you noticed any recent changes to the look and feel of the guide, menu, and/or PVR displays? (YES / NO)
  3. Specifically, which of the following recent changes do you recall seeing on your set top box menu, guide, and/or PVR displays?
    (images follow with examples of Navigatr "features")
    - A new mini guide that appears when you press a sideways arrow from a live TV screen(HAVE SEEN / HAVE NOT SEEN)
    - A new menu page (HAVE SEEN / HAVE NOT SEEN)
    - A new parental settings feature (HAVE SEEN / HAVE NOT SEEN)
    - A new PVR page (HAVE SEEN / HAVE NOT SEEN)
    - A new program details page on your PVR (HAVE SEEN / HAVE NOT SEEN)
    - A new main guide page (HAVE SEEN / HAVE NOT SEEN)
    - A new program details page on your main guide (HAVE SEEN / HAVE NOT SEEN)
    - A new search function (HAVE SEEN / HAVE NOT SEEN)
    - A new program details page on your search results page (HAVE SEEN / HAVE NOT SEEN)
  4. Thinking of the current main guide page, to what extent do you agree or disagree with the following statement: “The current main guide page is easier to use than the previous (red/black) guide page.” (Strongly agree / Agree / Neither agree nor disagree / Disagree / Strongly disagree)
  5. Thinking of the current mini guide that appears when you press a sideways arrow when watching live TV, to what extent do you agree or disagree with the following statement: “The current mini guide improves my TV watching experience.” (Strongly agree / Agree / Neither agree nor disagree / Disagree / Strongly disagree)
  6. Thinking of the current search function, to what extent do you agree or disagree with the following statement: “The current search function makes it easier to find programs compared to the previous search function.” (Strongly agree / Agree / Neither agree nor disagree / Disagree / Strongly disagree)
  7. Thinking of the current program details page on the main guide, to what extent do you agree or disagree with the following statement: “The current program details page on my main guide improves my TV watching experience.” (Strongly agree / Agree / Neither agree nor disagree / Disagree / Strongly disagree)
  8. Thinking of the current menu page, to what extent do you agree or disagree with the following statement: “The current menu page is easier to use than the previous (red/black) menu page.”
    (Strongly agree / Agree / Neither agree nor disagree / Disagree / Strongly disagree)
  9. Thinking of the current parental settings feature, to what extent do you agree or disagree with the following statement: “The current parental settings feature page is easier to use than the previous (red/black) parental settings feature.” (Strongly agree / Agree / Neither agree nor disagree / Disagree / Strongly disagree)
  10. Thinking of the current PVR page, to what extent do you agree or disagree with the following statement: “The current PVR page makes it easier to record with the PVR than the previous (red/black) PVR page.” (Strongly agree / Agree / Neither agree nor disagree / Disagree / Strongly disagree)
  11. Thinking of the current PVR page, to what extent do you agree or disagree with the following statement:“The current PVR page makes it easier to find my scheduled recordings than the previous (red/black) PVR features.” (Strongly agree / Agree / Neither agree nor disagree / Disagree / Strongly disagree)
  12. Thinking of the current PVR features as a whole, to what extent do you agree or disagree with the following statement: “The current PVR features make it easier to delete my recordings than the previous (red/black) PVR features.” (Strongly agree / Agree / Neither agree nor disagree / Disagree / Strongly disagree)
  13. Thinking of the current PVR features as a whole, to what extent do you agree or disagree with the following statement: “The current PVR features make it easier to watch programs with the PVR than the previous (red/black) PVR page.” (Strongly agree / Agree / Neither agree nor disagree / Disagree / Strongly disagree)
  14. Thinking of the current guide experience as a whole, to what extent do you agree or disagree with the following statement: “The current guide experience offers better performance and response time compared to the previous (red/black) guide experience.” (Strongly agree / Agree / Neither agree nor disagree / Disagree / Strongly disagree)
  15. Thinking of the current guide experience as a whole, to what extent do you agree or disagree with the following statement: “The current guide provides a better experience compared to the previous (red/black) guide.” (Strongly agree / Agree / Neither agree nor disagree / Disagree / Strongly disagree)
  16. Thinking of the current guide experience as a whole, to what extent do you agree or disagree with the following statement: “The current guide is easier to read and view compared to the previous (red/black) guide.” (Strongly agree / Agree / Neither agree nor disagree / Disagree / Strongly disagree)
  17. Overall, what are your three favourite features of your current set top box menu, guide, and/or PVR display? Please select one response for each ranking.
    - The current program details page on your main guide (1 / 2 / 3)
    - The current main guide page (1 / 2 / 3)
    - The current mini guide that appears when you press a sideways arrow from a live TV screen (1 / 2 / 3)
    - The current parental settings feature (1 / 2 / 3)
    - The current menu page (1 / 2 / 3)
    - The current PVR page (1 / 2 / 3)
    - The current program details page on your PVR (1 / 2 / 3)
    - The current program details page on your search results page (1 / 2 / 3)
    - The current search function (1 / 2 / 3)
    - None of the above (1 / 2 / 3)
  18. Overall, what are your three least favourite features of your current set top box menu, guide, and/or PVR display?
    - The current main guide page (1 / 2 / 3)
    - The current program details page on your main guide (1 / 2 / 3)
    - The current program details page on your search results page (1 / 2 / 3)
    - The current search function (1 / 2 / 3)
    - The current PVR page (1 / 2 / 3)
    - The current program details page on your PVR (1 / 2 / 3)
    - The current parental settings feature (1 / 2 / 3)
    - The current menu page (1 / 2 / 3)
    - The current mini guide that appears when you press a sideways arrow from a live TV screen (1 / 2 /3)
  19. Lastly, did you experience any type of technical problem(s) when your set top box was being updated with the new menu, guide, and PVR display? (YES / NO)

Thank you for providing your feedback. We appreciate your valuable input, it will help us to improve your experience with our products. If you opted into the prize draw, you have now been entered for a chance to win one of three $100 Rogers gift cards.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
So I presume you did do the survey. Personally, I never submit to surveys because they're so tedious and time consuming.

Just going by the first question [ Does your household currently subscribe to Rogers television service?(YES / NO)] it looks like random people got the survey when only Rogers customers who had received Navigatr should have been targeted. I can see Rogers interpreting the results as only a tiny fraction of respondents hated Navigatr because most would have given up after the first few questions or just hurried through with random answers to be eligible for a prize. Such surveys are designed to get a desired result.

·
Registered
8,934 Posts
Once again, I managed to delete an unwatched show, instead of the one I just watched, thanks to the idiotic design of the new guide? How much longer will Rogers for us to endure this crap???

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi JamesK: I spoke to tech. yesterday, and they said that Rogers identified 5 major problems with Navigatr that were fixed and I think then included in the fix update that was sent out to either the PVR's that had a problem, or all PVR's in the area that got Navigatr - but the tech guy I spoke to said there will NOT be big changes to the way Navigatr appears when it is rolled out to the rest of Ontario.

And he said that Navigatr was NOT the choice of Rogers, but rather the choice of the company Rogers is contracted with to produce the PVR interface.

·
Registered
8,934 Posts
^^^^
Well, as of last night, I sure didn't see any difference in that it's so easy to delete the wrong show. You'd think as a customer of that company Rogers could say this interface is no good and refuse to take it. This interface is so bad it's hurting Rogers because the users are so fed up with it and Rogers by extension.

BTW, I don't know that you can rely 100% on what the techs tell you. I've had enough experience with them providing misinformation. I've even seen one of my co-workers do it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've had multiple techs tell me they haven't been informed yet of the rollout date - but the one that I spoke to last night offered 'sort of a guess' by saying "when they roll it out, say in a month" - so it was shear speculation on the part of the tech.

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
And he said that Navigatr was NOT the choice of Rogers, but rather the choice of the company Rogers is contracted with to produce the PVR interface.
As I suspected. That company would be Cisco. It's probably part of the deal with Technicolor discussed here. Gutting of products and company resources often accompany business acquisitions. There may be some encumbrance on the old guide software, such as a licensing deal or pending legal issue, that Technicolor does not want to be saddled with. The end result is that customers get screwed so that Cisco and Technicolor can improve their bottom lines.

401 - 420 of 1337 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.