Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

361 - 380 of 1337 Posts

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
It appears that Rogers has delayed the rollout of Navigatr for several months. The downside is that all other fixes are now tied to the Navigatr update. That means that we will have to live with all current bugs until the Navigatr rollout resumes.

·
Registered
561 Posts
It speaks volumes as to how bad Rogers is that despite the bugs and issues in RTN 5.1 (which is certainly far from perfect, and is STILL missing several features we had well over 3 years ago before poor SARA was replaced) that many of those who have been infected with Navigatr would still rather go back to that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
neilpalmer400 said: (though eventually RTN was forced on all but 8300's)

Again I have to say that this is not the case. I have 2 x 8642s still running happily on SARA. I also have a 9865 running unhappily on Navigatr.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I prefer RTN on the 9865, but it was quite unpleasant on the 8642. Not looking forward at all to the new one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm not sure that The Archer was skipped by accident, unless his 8642s are branded as Nextboxes. I have 2 8642s, 1 with SARA, and 1 with RTN. The one branded as a Nextbox is the one that got "upgraded" to RTN, the other one did not.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I found another Navigatr quirk. It is interesting because in this one case, Navigatr behaves the way everyone wants it to. You need to have a few episodes of a series in a folder. Then, you view one of the recordings during the time period that the next episode is recording. So, you are recording an episode and watching a previous episode at the same time. When you finish watching the recording, you get kicked back to the list of recordings, except this time, the episode you just watched is at the top of the list, and the new episode (if it has completed recording) is at the bottom of the list. I have not been able to figure out the sort sequence of the remaining episodes.

This is different from the normal Navigatr action, where the most recent episode appears highlighted at the top of the list, which may lead to accidental deletion of an unwatched episode.

I found this while watching a recording of Late Night one evening when I couldn't sleep, but because I was watching on a smaller screen, I had trouble reading the details on the screen. To be sure I deleted the correct episode, I left it till the morning when I could move closer to the screen to be sure.

·
Registered
140 Posts
More like this!!!!!

I luve this feature.

Taped F1 qualifying, as I was ready to hit play, I noticed the more like this

It recommended She's funny Tha....
Divergent Serie...
Hot Pursuit
Preggoland (HD)

There are some sick puppies working for rogers when Preggoland is an alternative to F1 Qualifying.

:crying

·
Registered
188 Posts
@135iAndy: Maybe you should start a new thread - Humorous Recommendations from Rogers' "More Like This". It could be like "Screen Grabs" on Jimmy Fallon. Certainly those of us on Navigatr could use a laugh.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Have you seen this man ?

Answers to the name of Ron Perrotta.
Works for Rogers Communications as Senior Vice President Marketing, Residential Services.
Has not been seen or heard from since Navigatr was pushed out to thousands of Rogers's cable TV customers in Ontario on July 28.
May possibly be hiding away intentionally.
Approach with caution - may be armed with a coaxial cable stripper.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There is another really annoying 'feature' in the new Navigatr that I have not seen mentioned previously.
The Nextbox 3 in my basement is used almost exclusively to record soccer. In most games, the teams, score and elapsed time is displayed continuously in a bar on the upper left corner.
Now, with Navigatr, when I FF or Rewind, a scrolling banner with program title, channel number and name is superimposed over the game bar, completely obliterating it, and since there is also no elapsed time value provided on the progress bar at the bottom, makes it impossible to know how much time you have forwarded or rewound.
If I remember correctly, in the previous RTN version, this information was displayed under the progress bar which was much less obtrusive. Certainly with SARA, which I still have on my 8642s, that is how it is.
This needs to be changed on any Navigatr update.
Better still - restore the old RTN to those inflicted with this retrograde guide.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
NB3, second time this happens. Schedulled Moulin Rouge to record, 12am - 2:30am this morning. PVR left out the last 15 minutes of the movie. This appears to happens mostly when I record between 12 and 3 am.

·
Registered
44 Posts
2 things:
1. Does anyone still have the famous Ron Perrotta letter? If so, can you scan it/take a good clear photo of it and upload it?

2. Over on the Rogers forums, post 567 in the New Nextbox Navigator thread just got censored by a mod. RogersDarrell left the original quote but removed the reply including the image that was posted. It's still open in one of my tabs fortunately!
theClubHopper said:
stepy2015 said:
We just got our nextbox 3.0 in late july it is august 24th and it has not updated to the Navigatr guide

How can i get the update?
@stepy2015 - Compare Rogers' version of the Navigatr FAQ here with this modified, more accurate, version:

·
Super Moderator
56,559 Posts
Now, with Navigatr, when I FF or Rewind, a scrolling banner with program title, channel number and name is superimposed over the game bar, completely obliterating it, and since there is also no elapsed time value provided on the progress bar at the bottom, makes it impossible to know how much time you have forwarded or rewound.
As with RTN and SARA, is it possible to hit "exit" to get rid of any overlays while FF, REW, Pause, etc?

·
Registered
188 Posts
@57: Yes. That still works. In fact, with Navigatr there are situations where you have to use it because the progress display does not disappear after a period of time. I haven't been able to pin down the exact sequence, but I think if you hit list or info while playing a recording, then when you come back, the progress bar will display and never disappear unless you hit exit.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Over on Rogers Facebook feed at:
https://www.facebook.com/Rogers/photos/a.443247884270.245365.175772339270/10153644305479271/?type=1&comment_id=10153651527944271&offset=0&total_comments=5&comment_tracking={%22tn%22%3A%22R%22}

there's someone who needs taking down a peg or two.
(Maybe it's Ron Perrotta posting under a fake name?).
I refuse to register for Facebook, but surely this needs a reply - who's up to the challenge?:

Orisha Hachey wow. sounds like people don't like change. sorry. But no where does it state Rogers protects all your recordings. As well no where does it state Rogers will stay the same just for you forever. Nothing lasts forever. Get used to the new...because GUARANTEED every last one of you complaining now will be the same ones complaining in 10 years when the "new" interface changes again. You just got used to the old and can't handle expanding your minds to learn something a little new. Grow up people. Grow the hell up all of you! You guys are all acting like children only because it is a "corporation" you all act like pathetic whiney people of this earth. It is disgusting.
23 hours ago

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Is this a lesson "How to win friends and influence people?" Hachey should go work for Trump, he has a bright future there!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #380
"because GUARANTEED every last one of you complaining now will be the same ones complaining in 10 years when the "new" interface changes again."

Search this board....he's right.

The sequence goes something like this:

Pre 2012 - SARA sucks! We want something modern.
RTN arrives - "This sucks! Why did they change from SARA?" (which, as you recall, sucked).
NAVIGATR arrives - "This sucks! Why did they change RTN?" (which, as you recall, sucked).

YEs, NAVIGATR has bugs which have been well documented....but there's an element of truth to the posting on Facebook......

361 - 380 of 1337 Posts