Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came across a useful smart phone app for Rogers customers. It's called "My Account" and is available for Android, Blackberry and iPhone. It lets you see your account info, usage etc., as you would by logging into the Rogers web site.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
this has been around for a while.

im waiting for them to make a fido my account for Black berries. right now only the rogers one is available for blackberries

·
Registered
725 Posts
It's a handy app but doesn't work on WiFi. Instead of disabling and re-enabling WiFi for this app to work, I just try to run it when I'm not home.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^^
I expect that's due to security. When you connect with a browser, over the internet, you have to provide a user name and password. With a phone, possession of the phone can be considered proof of ID. I don't know if apps can access the SIM info for user verification. Of course, there's no reason why that app couldn't have been designed to ask for ID & password when connected via WiFi.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
my fido my account works just fine over wifi, perhaps it has something to do with the service book that was pushed over blackberry? but its not an app,, its opening the browser to see the information. perhaps they will make an app soon too that will work over wifi.

·
Registered
725 Posts
^^^^
Browser with user logon required? Or browser sucks in your phone/SIM id automatically? I can logon to Rogers web site over WiFi to do what Rogers "My Account" app does, but the browser doesn't automatically suck in my phone/SIM id like the Rogers "My Account" app does over 3G.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
there is no user login from what i can see. it can probaly tell who i am based on my sim card's imsi being transmitted over the network, even while im on wifi i guess?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts