Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get o of these for the trailer this summer, but I read in a review that it can't transmit wifi while plugged in?
Can anyone confirm if they have fixed this a firmware update or something?
I would like to keep it plugged in as it only has 4 hrs of bty life. Kind of a big flaw in my opinion.

thx

·
Registered
31 Posts
We use something similar in the U.S. from Verizon (Mifi), and it works when plugged in. Also worked fine on its battery while driving.

But up in Canada, I'm looking at the Samsung Galaxy Tablet from Rogers. Apparently it comes with an app that allows it to act as a Wifi hotspot. And the tablet data plan from Rogers is MUCH more affordable. Upto 5GB/mo is $35 versus $70.

The nice thing about Verizon's Mifi is that you can suspend your service when not in the U.S.. Rogers doesn't seem to allow this for any of its wireless data devices. But at least the Tablet plan is only $20+fees+hst when you're not around and use less than 500mb/mo.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
+1
iphone or android phones have portable hotspot apps. Could save you a bunch of headaches.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
The Hotpsot is a Novatel MiFi device which allows up to 5 Wifi connections and it works even when the battery is charging so I'm not sure what you mean when you say Wifi won't work when its plugged in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts