Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
The Old Man is now scheduled to premiere on June 16.on FX U.S. as the primary platform, with streaming the next day on Hulu. (Deadline) FX Canada originally announced the series for the 2020-21 season, so they probably still have the rights.
Deadline now says June 17 on FX and June 18 on Hulu. Well sometime that week I guess!

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Deadline now says June 17 on FX and June 18 on Hulu. Well sometime that week I guess!
I think that Deadline article has a typo. (That's why I copy and paste!)

Here's the exact quote from the press release which is published exactly as issued by the studio. Breaking News - FX's "The Old Man" Premieres Thursday, June 16 | TheFutonCritic.com

"LOS ANGELES, April 21, 2022 - FX's The Old Man, the riveting new drama starring Jeff Bridges, will premiere Thursday, June 16 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FX and stream the next day on Hulu..."

Variety also wrote an article yesterday that says June 16.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I think that Deadline article has a typo. (That's why I copy and paste!)

Here's the exact quote from the press release which is published exactly as issued by the studio. Breaking News - FX's "The Old Man" Premieres Thursday, June 16 | TheFutonCritic.com

"LOS ANGELES, April 21, 2022 - FX's The Old Man, the riveting new drama starring Jeff Bridges, will premiere Thursday, June 16 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FX and stream the next day on Hulu..."

Variety also wrote an article yesterday that says June 16.
Oh I see June 17 isn't Thursday. Okay then probably 16th, thank you.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Breeders will premiere with the first two episodes of the 10-episode third season on Monday, May 9 on FX U.S. The series will soon be available on Star+ in Latin America and Disney+ under the Star banner in all other territories. (Source) Note: It's not clear if the availability on Disney+ will immediately apply to Canada. The first 2 seasons are available for streaming in Canada on FX and Disney+, but season 2 wasn't added to Disney+ until February, 2022.
The first two episodes of Breeders will premiere on Monday, May 9, beginning at 10 PM ET on FX Canada, before switching to single episodes on the following Mondays. Breeders will not be available on Disney+ Canada in May.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
It doesn't look like Omni will carry the Eurovision Song Contest this year, however, you should be able to stream it on YouTube, except in the U.S. where Peacock holds the rights. Semi-Finals on Tuesday, May 10 and Thursday May 12; Finals on Saturday, May 14. All events begin 21:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time) or 3 PM EDT.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
You can watch the Junior Eurovision performances from December 2021 on YouTube through their official site: junioreurovision.tv . The 20th Junior Eurovision Song Contest will take place in Yerevan, Armenia, on Sunday 11 December (Source) and should also be available on YouTube.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
FX U.S. Summer Premiere Dates

The Old Man
- New Drama Series Premieres Thursday, June 16 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FX (1st 2 episodes)
What We Do in the Shadows - Season 4 Premieres Tuesday, July 12 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FX (1st 2 episodes)
Welcome to Wrexham - New FX Docuseries Premieres Wednesday, August 24 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FX (1st 2 episodes)
Little Demon - New Animated Comedy Series Premieres Thursday, August 25 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FXX (1st 2 episodes)

Welcome to Wrexham and Little Demon haven't been confirmed by Rogers Media yet. The FX U.S. press release says "all of the series will be available to stream on Hulu and will be coming soon to Star+ in Latin America and Disney+ under the Star banner in all other territories." For any series that FX Canada airs, I expect they will have exclusive rights until the season ends before it moves to Disney+. The following FX productions are Exclusively on Hulu, so they will probably go straight to Disney+ Canada, although they may be a bit later.

The Bear - New Comedy Series Premieres Thursday, June 23 (all 8 episodes)
American Horror Stories - Installment 2 Premieres Thursday, July 21 (1 episode weekly)
Reservation Dogs - Season 2 Premieres Wednesday, August 3 (1st 2 episodes)
The Patient - New Limited Series Premieres Tuesday, August 30 (1st 3 episodes)

41 - 49 of 49 Posts