Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the fact that I work from a home office, I am considering having dual internet connections: DSL and Cable.

This will allow me to have redundancy for both my VoIP telephone service and Internet connection

For that reason, I am looking at getting a mid-range Rogers package that is $46.99 per month. I called Rogers and they said there were no discounts unless I went 12 months and if I did, that I would get one month free.

Yesterday, I was at a Rogers Video store and saw a sign saying that I could get up to 3 months free. Unfortunately there was no brochure or details and I did not have time to speak to a clerk in the store.

So, anybody sign up for Rogers Internet recently? I have no other Rogers services and am looking for the best deal. I am willing to go with a 12 month contract. I already have a modem from before. (I stopped subbing to Rogers about 2 years ago)

Is going in-store the best way to get a deal?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

Over the Phone Rogers offered me: one month free service and no activation fee on 12 month deal - Total 1 Yr Cost $517

In-Store Rogers offered me the following: Free Modem, First three months of service free on a 12 month contract, $50 activation fee - Total 1 yr cost $473

Then I compared with Teksavvy Cable offering whose 12 month cost would be $488 ($36.95 per month plus $45 activation, supply own mode)

Benefit of TekSavvy is a 200GB cap vs. 60GB for Rogers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts