Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Lame.

I better start thinking about adding a text plan. I can't stop people from sending, even when I only reply via email.

·
Registered
224 Posts
You're better off picking up the $3 plan for 30 texts out and unlimited incoming. At the new $0.20 rate it only takes 15 texts (in or out) to break even.

·
Registered
699 Posts
that only makes sense since it costs Rogers virtually nothing to send and receive a text they might as well milk their users for all their worth.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
The sad thing is now Bell & Telus will be encouraged to do the same thing... :(

Guess text plans are definitely the way to go for everyone (whether they text or not)

·
Registered
8,310 Posts
^^^^
I do not have a text plan and do not text. The only thing I use SMS for is to notify me when I have voice mail. I get a notice stating I have an SMS and asks if I want to receive it. If I accept, I then get charged. However, the message I receive already shows its from the voice mail system, so I never bother authorizing it. I simply ignore messages from elsewhere. Since I never accept, I never pay. I'm on Rogers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Since I only text to 1 or 2 people, I find the My 5 is good for me. Unlimited incoming/outgoing texts to any up to 5 people. It's completely ridiculous that texts cost so much, and that INCOMING costs. It makes you think twice before sending a text because you don't want to cost the other person money.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I do not text message very often. I do however resent the fact that when I signed up with Rogers, all incoming text messages were free and now they charge. I resent paying for something that I have no control over. Anyway, I complained to Rogers (Office of the President) and they provided both my wife and I with a free unlimited text messaging plan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts