Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1021 - 1040 of 1071 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
With all the money Rogers has, you think they would have sent you one via Courier lol. Its kind of stupid to send a Technician out for a Remote Control or even the box itself but then we're talking about Rogers lol.

·
Registered
10,511 Posts
There was a time when they would do that or tell you to pick one up in the Rogers store. Maybe there is a remote control shortage. Just as likely is people scamming them and selling the remotes on eBay.

·
Super Moderator
57,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,025 ·
Yes, there are many many things you should be aware of and I hope you did your research before migrating. Here's a link to the Ignite discussions over on Rogers Forum:

·
Registered
273 Posts
I need an explanation on an issue. I live in Ottawa so I will us the Ottawa area channel line up.
When I record Blue Blood on Friday night on the American Network channel, it defaults to the local CTV channel here in Ottawa, channel 7. I can live with that.

But it also records it on CTV Drama channel 40 on Tuesday night, Any ideas why this is happening. If I delete the Drama channel recording it deletes all of the scheduled recordings.

·
Super Moderator
57,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,028 ·
When you set your series recordings you are often (but not always) presented with the option to record "HD", SD, or "this particular channel". If you choose the particular channel, you should not get the duplicates. But sometimes you are not presented with the channel option and you'll simply need to delete the duplicates.

·
Registered
273 Posts
When you set your series recordings you are often (but not always) presented with the option to record "HD", SD, or "this particular channel". If you choose the particular channel, you should not get the duplicates. But sometimes you are not presented with the channel option and you'll simply need to delete the duplicates.
Thanks for the info, I will monitor and let you know the results.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have another problem. When I first set up my Ignite TV with 3 Ignite boxes all was good. But I needed 2 more boxes, but when you turn the new ones on they don't want to come online. If I cold reboot them they came back online. Any ideas.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have another problem. When I first set up my Ignite TV with 3 Ignite boxes all was good. But I needed 2 more boxes, but when you turn the new ones on they don't want to come online. If I cold reboot them they came back online. Any ideas.
Problem solved. I had HDMI switch installed between my Amazon Fire stick and old 9836 box. The Ignite box did not like that switch and that was causing the problem, removed it, problem gone.

·
Registered
273 Posts
57, How many programs can you record at one time. Is it 8 per set top box or 8 per account. Since you can name the set boxes so you can see what is recorded or will be recorded on each one. Makes me think it might be 8 per box. I know they are stored in the cloud, but maybe there is space assigned to each one. Your wisdom is always welcome. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
57,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,034 ·
I'm pretty sure that it's 8 recordings per household, regardless of the number of boxes. Yes, you can name your boxes, however, I found that the cloud recordings don't seem to be "tied" to the box where you set the recording, although it should be. I therefore set the option to view recordings on "all devices" instead of per box, so that I can see everything.
See link below where I reported the issue in the Rogers forum:

It is possible to prioritize recordings. See link below:

Edit - When I look at the recordings now using the box names, they appear to be correct for all recent recordings, but there's one recording that was set a month ago and it's still missing from that specific box and unfortunately, it's the series recording that matters most for my wife. It's on twice a week and she keeps those recordings as they are Yoga exercises that she goes back to.

Since she uses voice commands to get to those recordings, it doesn't matter too much. Also, it doesn't matter too much to me since that's the only recording that appears on "my" box that shouldn't be there. It would be a pain if we both had lots of recordings that we wanted properly displayed on each box. It may have been a glitch for me and I'll try to track it in the future.

·
Registered
273 Posts
57, I half 5 ignite set top boxes. 3 of them the white light stays on when to box is turned off, the other 2 turn off when the boxes turn off and ideas. They are all set the same.

·
Super Moderator
57,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,036 ·
Don't worry about the lights and don't try to change the light settings. The box doesn't "turn off" when you press power. It simply goes into standby after a set period of time like 5 hours and there is no significant power difference between "on" and "off" (standby). Less than 0.2W.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Don't worry about the lights and don't try to change the light settings. The box doesn't "turn off" when you press power. It simply goes into standby after a set period of time like 5 hours and there is no significant power difference between "on" and "off" (standby). Less than 0.2W.
Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
273 Posts
57, When you press the Rogers button, it brings you to a page that has tabs, Guide, Saved, On Demand, Sports and Apps. If you select Saved it brings you to a page with different tabs. What is the My List tab and what is its functionality. Thanks for your help.

1021 - 1040 of 1071 Posts