Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

941 - 960 of 972 Posts

·
Super Moderator
56,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #941 ·
Try contacting Rogers. They may send you one at no charge.

Another option may be to "cast" from a device to the second TV, depending on the programming you need.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Another option may be to "cast" from a device to the second TV, depending on the programming you need.
you mean from my phone or tablet and cast it to the TV? That is brilliant. didnt' think of that. but I'm not sure if my TV is advanced enough. I'll definitely try it.

·
Registered
9,512 Posts
Are there any power spec's on the Ignite box and adapter. They should have markings for power (W or mW), voltage (V) and current (A or mA.) Due to the USB C adapter, my guess is that it is a standard 5V adapter used for charging smartphones and powering other small devices. If that is the case, then a standard smartphone adapter should work provided it supplies enough power.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Try contacting Rogers. They may send you one at no charge.

i can't cast it to the TV, I don't think my TV has bluetooth.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Are there any power spec's on the Ignite box and adapter. They should have markings for power (W or mW), voltage (V) and current (A or mA.) Due to the USB C adapter, my guess is that it is a standard 5V adapter used for charging smartphones and powering other small devices. If that is the case, then a standard smartphone adapter should work provided it supplies enough power.
input: 100-120V, .8A 60hz, output 5V 3A

·
Super Moderator
56,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #947 ·
i can't cast it to the TV, I don't think my TV has bluetooth.
I'm pretty sure you need to add Cromecast (device) to cast with Rogers and use the IgniteTV app.

Here's the discussion on Rogers' forum:

·
Registered
9,512 Posts
Some TVs have Chromecast built in but that is usually correct. Casting with a Chromecast uses wifi, not bluetooth. I'd recommend the Chromecast with Google TV since it does a lot more than just casting.

·
Registered
110 Posts
the TV I want to use ignite on doesn't have chromecast. But I have a Vizio TV that does have it. But do you cast the device onto the TV or the ignite app? the ignite app doesn't seem to have a cast button on it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Try to update the app it should. Just from personal experience, I haven't had success casting to TV's with Chromecast built in. From my experience, it only works with Chromecast hardware but it could just be the screens I tried it on.

·
Super Moderator
56,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #951 ·
As stated earlier in this thread, and in the Rogers Forum thread, you need a Chromecast device, not the app on the TV. With the latest version of IgniteTV there will be a button to cast, but you need an up-to-date Chromecast device. At some future time, this may change, but that's the way it is now.

·
Registered
110 Posts
With the latest version of IgniteTV there will be a button to cas
there is no option to update my ignite tv app and when I went to the App Store, its not listed in the apps that need an update, so I assume I have the most upto date version. where is the cast button, I can't find it anywhere in the app?

·
Super Moderator
56,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #954 ·
Do you have a Chromecast device? Did you read the thread in the Rogers' Forum? I don't have IgniteTV.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Do you have a Chromecast device? Did you read the thread in the Rogers' Forum? I don't have IgniteTV.
I don't have a chromecast device other than my Vizio TV that has it. I read the thread. So I tried casting the ignite app from my phone onto my Vizio TV and it worked. but my apple tablet doesn't have the cast icon for ignite. But for the TV that I ultimately want to cast to, I'm going to have to buy a chromecast device for it. thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi all, is there a setting in the ignite box to choose between wireless and wired connection? I only see a wireless but it says that it will use a wired connection over the wifi when it detects it.

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Hi all, is there a setting in the ignite box to choose between wireless and wired connection? I only see a wireless but it says that it will use a wired connection over the wifi when it detects it.

Not that I noticed. I just plugged in my Ethernet cable and it worked.

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
how do you know its using your ethernet rather than wifi?
For it to use my WiFi, it would have to know my SSID and password. I am not using the WiFi from the cable modem, which is configured in bridge mode, not gateway mode.. I run pfsense for my firewall/router and have a Unifi AC-Lite access point.

941 - 960 of 972 Posts