Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

181 - 185 of 185 Posts

·
Super Moderator
56,403 Posts
Tried clearing cookies, different browser, closing the browser, different places to login, etc.

The message you get depends on the browser and where you login (via a reply or via the login at the top of the page, etc). For example, with FF on my Mac I get "Request Entity too Large" most times. Sometimes it takes me to the proper screen when doing a reply, but there is no reply box. In Safari it usually gives me the "bouncing jelly beans", or you can see the URL at the top of the page refresh constantly, etc.

I suppose this could depend on your location as they may have different servers. I probably tried 10X over the weekend and 3X today.

I can login to my billing account just fine (and Rogers MasterCard), just not the forums. When I login to my (billing) account and click on Community Forums link, I get to the forum and my username is at the top right, but when I try to reply, I get the "Entity too Large" screen. This sort of issue has been going on for months, if not years.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I Community Forum email notifications turned off, except for private messages. The links in those notifications let me sign in with no problem. I would get the "Request Entity too Large" thing occasionally when replying to a post.

·
Super Moderator
56,403 Posts
I'm getting the "Request Entity Too Large" every time I try to reply (except for once) in the past 4 days. Does anyone else besides @oldyellr have difficulty replying? I see from some posts there that others are having issues replying...

This is despite using "all the tricks" like clearing cache, clearing cookies, trying different login sites, different browsers, closing browsers, etc. Sometimes I can login and see my username at the top right, but I still get the "Entity too large" error message if I try to reply. This issue had gone away a few weeks ago, but it appears to have returned with a vengeance.

181 - 185 of 185 Posts