Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rogers has announced that it is extending its 6GB/$30 promotion for iPhone 4 buyers until Oct. 5.

In addition, the company is extending one component of its early Hardware Upgrade offer through the end of the year. Any customer who activated or upgraded an earlier version of the iPhone with Rogers/Fido on a term contract on or before December 31, 2008 will continue to be eligible for at least $480 off the no-term device price when they upgrade to an iPhone 4. They can pick up an iPhone 4 16GB/32GB for $159/$269 on a new 3-year voice and data plan.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yeah I was on the rogers.com site managing my wireless account and saw the $30 for 6G plan was still available in the list of add-ons to choose from, although it did not mention about the 36 month Data Term.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
over now.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Did anyone take advantage of this offer?

I took advantage of the offer, however, I have a few questions that I am hoping some of you might be able to answer.

I took advantage of the iPad $20 to share my 6G phone plan with my Blackberry which works with no problems, however, if I decided to switch my Blackberry or if I decided to change my iPad tablet to the Samsung tablet, anyone know if this is seamless?

Do I need to call Rogers each time I want to switch my sim card?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
Changing your BlackBerry should be a non-issue if it's another BlackBerry. If you get a different phone you might have to call Rogers and let them know.

Changing your iPad SIM would be more difficult as it uses a microSIM and you'd need either an adapter or another microSIM device. Otherwise it should work.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
blackberry data plans (with APN 3) work on non backberry devices ,such as ipads / i phones, etc / google androids etc because the other 2 apns are included in the data plan as well.

but the other way is not true. regular data plans with only APN's 1 and 2 (Wap and Internet) will not work on a blackberry. they specifically require an APN3.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts