Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
9,064 Posts
It's curious they'd have a work order with no contact person. However, strictly speaking, where they appear to have made the cut is not your driveway. It's on the easment, where they do have rights to work, without your permission.

· Registered
9,064 Posts
They cannot rely on the presence of the antenna to indicate someone doesn't have cable. Many people have simply left the antenna in place, after getting cable. Also, some homes have both antenna & cable in use. For example, many years ago, I had my own antenna to get WNEQ, which at that time was the 2nd PBS station in Buffalo and was not available on cable.

· Registered
9,064 Posts
Your property line actually ends about 3 feet from the curb
Actually, it depends on your location. Things such as sidewalks, grass strips between sidewalk & curb etc., are all on the easment. You have to check the city plan to determine where your property line is. Of course, you cannot build a fence beyond your property line.

· Registered
9,064 Posts
Overhead utility wires have long been common, so I doubt you could say much about that. But running a cable over your trees etc., may be a different matter.

· Registered
9,064 Posts
and buried in my driveway
I trust they were on the portion of the driveway between the sidewalk and street. If they were on your side of the sidewalk, they had absolutely no right to be there without your permission. If they cut the short piece beyond the sidewalk, it shouldn't be a difficult matter to repave the entire piece, to restore it to original condition.

· Registered
9,064 Posts
Better yet, what about for the maintenance of MY new driveway?!
If it was on the easement, it wasn't your property that was dug up. Utilities have a right to run along that narrow strip beside the road, whether you're a customer or not. Generally, your property ends where it reaches the sidewalk, if not before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.