Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

321 - 328 of 328 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,883 Posts
Try code 992 to reset a device to factory settings. That works with other URC remotes.

1. Press the mode button (TV, DVD, etc.)
2. Press and hold SETUP until the mode button blinks twice.
3. Enter 992 - the mode button blinks twice if successful
4. Press the mode button twice.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I tried that, but it didn'r revert to factory settings. I notice the Atlas remote has setup instructions on the back similar, but you press 991, then CH+ until it turns off, but I gave upon pressing CH+. The Champion remote also has instructions on the back to press Setup until the device button blinks twice, then Mode (device) then OK, but that changed nothing.

If anyone is interested, here is a link on the Rogers Community Forums how I was told to remap this remote. It tells you what changes, but don't try it unless you want to be stuck with it.

Solved: Re: New Rogers RF remote EXIT Button, SETTINGS But... - Page 24 - Rogers Community

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I suspect the Rogers setup is written to a chip and when I remapped the buttons, that overwrote it. In any case, the remote had been sitting with dead or missing batteries for weeks. I keep it in my chair pocket with a bunch of other remotes, so buttons get pressed accidentally and they light up, so the batteries don't last. I also don't like phantom RF commands being sent to my TV, which is why I removed the batteries. I don't really like the Champion remote a lot or I'd just ask Rogers for another one. I got a new Atlas remote off eBay. Restoring the Champion is just an exercise and I'm frustrated I can't find a way to contact URC.

·
Super Moderator
16,883 Posts
@oldyellr I don't think URC provides end-user support, which is why there is no way to contact them. URC sells their customized remotes to cable companies at bulk wholesale rates and the cable companies are responsible for end-user support.

The Cable button can be reprogrammed for different cable boxes in the same way that the TV button can be programmed for different TVs. That's all that happened. All you have to do is find out the original code and redo the instructions, replacing 1877 with the correct code.

Here's a useful guide to advanced programming of URC remotes (written for Motorola boxes.) It's about 10 years old and some of the advanced features don't work on the newer stripped-down remotes. Read the section titled "Factory Reset" to see what you did.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_Motorola_DVR/Programming_the_Remote#Factory_Reset

The section "Checking your Device Code" using 990 should tell you that your Cable Box code is 1877. If that works, you can get someone with an original Champion remote to check their device code and program that into yours.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
@Dr.Dave thanks for the insight. I can see why URC would not want to devote resources to individuality troubleshoot end user problems, that would be Rogers' job. If I really wanted to get this remote working as it originally did, I'd take it to Rogers, who would probably give me another one. But I'm quite happy with the Atlas remote.

·
Super Moderator
56,508 Posts
With the new Ignite TV remote, you can change the amount of time that the skip function skips forward or back (using PageUp/down). Thanks to @kibosh for the tip:

If you press exit-exit-exit 0 0 3 0 it changes this skip to 30 seconds instead. Choose any number of seconds for the last two or three digits. This also works with OD programming.

·
Registered
251 Posts
With the new Ignite TV remote, you can change the amount of time that the skip function skips forward or back (using PageUp/down). Thanks to @kibosh for the tip:
Doesn’t seem to work for me. Tried numerous times but it just brings up the side menu for all items with 300 in them

321 - 328 of 328 Posts